Question

Adding a non Sonos Amp

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I have 2 Sonos 1s and a sonos amp powering 2 Cerwin Vega XSL-12s. Can I add a passive equalizer between the Sonos amp and the XLS-12s? My old receiver had treble high and mid as well as bass low and mid controls that gave my CVs a real nice thump. I am not able to get that out of just the amp. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Daleside Dog, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. About your question on adding a passive equalizer between the Sonos Amp and the XLS-12S, you can, since it also has EQ but there's also one built-in on the Sonos Amp, So I’m not sure if it will have a bearing or a noticeable effect on adding a passive Equalizer. We can wait for recommendations and feedback from our other Sonos community users who may have the same kind of setup of adding a passive Equalizer on their end so that they can also share their experience about it. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.