Answered

adding 2nd set of wired speakers to S2 system

• 13 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Amp and I’m running S2.  Right now I have two sets of wired speakers attached to the amp, but I cannot control them separately.  What’s the least expensive way to do that?  If I have to by another amp just for one set of the speakers, can I buy a used one and see them in the same app

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 December 2021, 22:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Each Amp acts as one zone, which means all connected speakers will play the same content at the same volume.

You need to get another Amp if you want one set of speakers to act as a separate zone. A used Amp will work just fine. If you have a limited budget, you could find a used Connect:Amp, but make sure it is a Gen 2 model so it is compatible with the S2 app.

And, yes, you will be able to control both Amps, or the Amp and Connect:Amp, in the Sonos app.

If you just want to be able to control volume separately or shut off one set then Google 'speaker switch '

Thanks.  If I get a speaker switch I have to physically switch it, right?

Physically might be a remote control