Answered

Add a second Sonos Connect to a Single Amp

Hi,

I currently have an amp (HTD) that includes a sonos connect with 4 outdoor (PAtio zone) speakers hooked up.

I want to add a second sonos connect to the same amp so i can add 2 outdoor speakers (driveway zone) and control independently via the sonos connect and app.

Is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by buzz 24 May 2020, 15:03

First remove power from the amplifier, then connect the new CONNECT’s Line-Out to the L-R of (7)-(8), attach the speaker wires, DONE! Be sure to adjust the front panel level controls for these channels.

View original

5 replies

Yes. Up to 32 SONOS devices (any mix) can be present in a system. Each CONNECT will appear as a separate “Room” on your controller and an independent input to your amplifier. Each channel of your amplifier can be switched between one of the two inputs (‘In 1’ or ‘In 2’) or the custom ‘Line In’ for the channel.

Thanks for the reply.  

Any idea how I would go about setting it up on the amp?  I didn't set up the first one and I have no clue how to go about doing it.  

First remove power from the amplifier, then connect the new CONNECT’s Line-Out to the L-R of (7)-(8), attach the speaker wires, DONE! Be sure to adjust the front panel level controls for these channels.

I have an uncanny talent in not being able to make simple things like this work.  So thank you!  I am going to give it a try today and will post back here.

I have an uncanny talent in not being able to make simple things like this work.  So thank you!  I am going to give it a try today and will post back here.

@buzz  - Worked like a charm!  I surprised even myself.  Lol.  Thanks for the assist!