Answered

A few questions? Where are we going?

• 4 October 2016
  • 18 replies

Badge
Dear Sonos:

First of all, I need to admit that your quality sound is amazing, but the interface....well... it's horrible, a mistake....and I suppose everyone knows that. So, what exactly are you trying to solve about this?

I can imagine with: 1. Spotify App? 2. Amazon Alexa? I have named these because you're developing in these apps.

1. Spotify

When i use Spotify on my Smartphone, I'm able to use the equalizer, music quality, etc. When I use Spotify to control my Sonos, i can't use the equalizer on Spotify, so? Must I use the Sonos App? and....I don't understand, are you developing a new way to control your Sonos, but with limitations? And worst?

I just bought my Playbar and Sub, I just wanted an excellent Sonos App like the Sonos Audio.

2. Amazon Alexa
I don't understand when you say on August 2016: Beginning in 2017, anyone with an Alexa-enabled device — right now that's the Echo, Echo Tap, or Echo Dot — will be able to control Sonos speakers with voice commands.

This is real? 6 months? Maybe Google is going to release today Google Home (Alexa Copy), and I can be able to turn off or turn on my TV with the Chromecast, or my stereo with my Chrome audio, just saying, hey google, play music on my tv, or...play music on my Sonos?

Finally, I don't have enough money to spend on Spotify and Alexa, I just bought my Playbar and Sub, I just wanted an excellent Sonos App like the Sonos Audio.

Where are we going?
------------------------------------
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower, please come back and be yourself.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2016, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

All your questions have been dealt with at the August 30, 2016 press conference on Alexa, Spotify, Crestron, Lutron, Savant, Control4, iPort and Deutsche Telekom’s QIVICON integration and Sonos' support of the Open Music Initiative. I'm really not sure where the confusion comes from:

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening

Aside from public statements like the above, Sonos very rarely comments about upcoming features and/or hardware. If you are looking for statements other than what was stated in that press conference, I doubt you will get satisfaction here. The answer to "Where are we going" is:

Alexa/Echo technology will be integrated into Sonos in some way early next year. This integration will be for all existing and future Sonos hardware.

You will be able to stream directly to Sonos from within the Spotify app starting with a public beta later this year. Pandora direct streaming is also planned.
Badge
This is not a question, it's a letter to Sonos.
This is not a question, it's a letter to Sonos.

If it is not a question, then why did you post it in the Ask a question section with the title "A few questions? Where are we going?"

And as explained, Sonos is not going to say anything more than was stated in their press conference. Is there something about the press conference that confuses you?
Badge
Because there's no option to send a letter, like the same way you send a letter to Google, Apple, amazon, etc. I'm a customer and think I can send it. Can you tell me how to send a letter? or how to send a letter to the CEO?

thanks
Because there's no option to send a letter, like the same way you send a letter to Google, Apple, amazon, etc. I'm a customer and think I can send it. Can you tell me how to send a letter? or how to send a letter to the CEO?

thanks

Contact info is on this page, including a link to the email of the CEO (ceo@sonos.com):

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact

But still you aren't going to get any more information than was contained in the press release. In my opinion, the press release was pretty clear and specific as to what is coming from Sonos, so I ask again, is there something about the press release that is confusing you?
OP would be far better off educating himself than offering up wildly uninformed opinions...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Dear Sonos:

First of all, I need to admit that your quality sound is amazing, but the interface....well... it's horrible, a mistake....and I suppose everyone knows that. So, what exactly are you trying to solve about this?

I can imagine with: 1. Spotify App? 2. Amazon Alexa? I have named these because you're developing in these apps.

1. Spotify

When i use Spotify on my Smartphone, I'm able to use the equalizer, music quality, etc. When I use Spotify to control my Sonos, i can't use the equalizer on Spotify, so? Must I use the Sonos App? and....I don't understand, are you developing a new way to control your Sonos, but with limitations? And worst?

I just bought my Playbar and Sub, I just wanted an excellent Sonos App like the Sonos Audio.

2. Amazon Alexa
I don't understand when you say on August 2016: Beginning in 2017, anyone with an Alexa-enabled device — right now that's the Echo, Echo Tap, or Echo Dot — will be able to control Sonos speakers with voice commands.

This is real? 6 months? Maybe Google is going to release today Google Home (Alexa Copy), and I can be able to turn off or turn on my TV with the Chromecast, or my stereo with my Chrome audio, just saying, hey google, play music on my tv, or...play music on my Sonos?

Finally, I don't have enough money to spend on Spotify and Alexa, I just bought my Playbar and Sub, I just wanted an excellent Sonos App like the Sonos Audio.

Where are we going?
------------------------------------
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower, please come back and be yourself.

Hi Frankols,

Thanks for your feedback, we're always looking for ways to improve. Jgatie is right in that we don't generally comment on possible future products or features. Spotify direct control is coming but we don't have an exact timeline we can share.

The challenge in making the Sonos app is that we support many different music services and sources, not just Spotify. For example, how does one control multiple Sonos rooms or play Pandora from within the Spotify app?

In what ways would you like to see the app improved? We can forward feedback along, but specifics are appreciated.
Badge
Is there any option to make comments about changes for beta testers?
OP would be far better off educating himself than offering up wildly uninformed opinions...

Well, I'm not really sure what he is asking for. He seems to want streaming from the Spotify app, but that is already announced and is coming to beta very soon. He also seems to be confused as to whether Alexa support is coming ("This is real? 6 months?" ) and also has some questions about "Google is going to release today Google Home" that can do some things that are already announced for Echo/Alexa. Is he asking fro Google Home support? Does he doubt the Alexa/Echo or Spotify announcement? Is he concerned that Alexa/Echo is going to take too long and something from Google is coming sooner? It's all very confusing.
Is there any option to make comments about changes for beta testers?

Once you join a public beta, there is a beta feedback page that you will be given access to. If you are already in a beta, check your emails for instructions on how to give feedback.
Badge
But there's no option to make any comments. Just yes or not. What kind of feedback is that? But thanks a lot, all you guys.

jgatie: you're a rock star, why don't you have an avatar picture?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Frankols,

Testers in our private beta program are all asked to keep any feedback and details confidential. Lots of features in testing aren't ready for primetime and we don't wan't to share things that aren't ready to go.

The two things you brought up have been announced publicly, but often times our private testers are working with stuff that can't be made public. That's why we have all our testers sign a non-disclosure agreement.

You'll want to direct feedback right to our beta team. This is done through the beta community or by taking a screenshot of the beta Sonos app which will launch the feedback form. Make sure you read all of the details in any email you receive regarding beta testing. There's a lot of important information in there and it'll answer many of your questions.
Badge
I thought this forum was for that. Apologize for all the trouble. But there was no option to place my comments in the survey. Only Yes and no.

😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
jgatie: you're a rock star, why don't you have an avatar picture?

He's our resident faceless hero. This is a safe space, we don't judge his lack of a picture 🙂

He's our resident faceless hero. This is a safe space, we don't judge his lack of a picture :)

This makes me want to stand on a tower high over the city and stare pensively off into the distance.
I'd pay to see that... but then how would we know it's you, since we don't know what you look like? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'd pay to see that... but then how would we know it's you, since we don't know what you look like? :)

Lol