90 Degree Up Angle Fiber Optic 2.1 HDMI Cable

• 24 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Would like to ask if any suggestion on where to get a 90 Degree Up Angle Fiber Optic 2.1 HDMI Cable for new generation Beam as the maximum space allowed for the plug is only around 2 cm if flush mounted onto the wall. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Search for “angle toslink connector”.

I know that it seems counter intuitive, but I prefer cheap TOSLINK (optical) cables because they use smaller connectors and tend to have more flexible cable. These TOSLINK cables are not as robust as the expensive cables, however, the cheap cables are less likely to damage the jack when the cable is flexed.

Hello buzz,

Thank you for your suggestion. Then the eARC is not going to work.  Will this obstruct the 7.1 Doiby Atmos + Trueplay functionality?

Fiber optic is not HDMI. You can also search for “angle HDMI”. Take care when you order because there are Up/Down/Left/Right models.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I too was a bit confused by the “Fiber Optic 2.1 HDMI Cable”, and why fiber optic would be connected directly to a Beam (no mention of the Sonos fiber optic to HDMI-ARC adaptor). HDMI cables are copper, not fiber optic.

Also puzzled about how the 90 degree upward angled HDMI would work, since I seem to remember the HDMI connection on the Beam is recessed into the speaker (not being near my Beam at the moment). Is such a connector really necessary?

Also puzzled about how the 90 degree upward angled HDMI would work, since I seem to remember the HDMI connection on the Beam is recessed into the speaker (not being near my Beam at the moment). Is such a connector really necessary?

Likely, the issue is with the TV mounting, not BEAM.