Answered

4 Speakers on Amp with different volumes?

• 22 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I got an Amp and will wire around my terrace, which is currently broken in two areas and I want to have 2 speakers on each area.My plan is: I’ll run them in Dual Mono and have two speakers on L and two on R, (L&R being each side of the terrace) Is there a way I can have each side have different volumes?

I don’t mind if it’s the same music, but for example one side has a summer kitchen / dining and the other one has a lounge area, so settings / conversations might different so different volumes might be appreciated.

The most logical answer is get another Amp but that would require me to drop another $750, is the a simpler way? anything “simple” that can be done in the app? any kind of volume control in the wiring that might help / recommended? I am DIY’ing this :) 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 22 August 2022, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can get a speaker switch w/volume control, or a wall mounted volume control switch, but obviously, wouldn’t be able to change volume balance from the app.  

I’m not sure if this would work in dual mono mode, and it’s kinda sketchy, but if you have 2 left speakers in one location, 2 right in the other, then you could use the balance slider between left/right to set the volume.

Personally, I would go with the speaker switch.  I feel like wall mounted switch defeats part of the reason  for having a wireless system, and it’s permanent.  If you generally have the same balance between the locations, you can set it once and forget it.  You will also get stereo in both locations.  When it comes time to add a second amp if you want, you can easily do that.

You can get a speaker switch w/volume control, or a wall mounted volume control switch, but obviously, wouldn’t be able to change volume balance from the app.  

I’m not sure if this would work in dual mono mode, and it’s kinda sketchy, but if you have 2 left speakers in one location, 2 right in the other, then you could use the balance slider between left/right to set the volume.

Personally, I would go with the speaker switch.  I feel like wall mounted switch defeats part of the reason  for having a wireless system, and it’s permanent.  If you generally have the same balance between the locations, you can set it once and forget it.  You will also get stereo in both locations.  When it comes time to add a second amp if you want, you can easily do that.

Yeah there’s some thinking I need to do, I don't love either physical buttons however might be a good idea…thanks!

Wal mounted Volume controls allow you to install the controls near the area that the speakers cover, rather than running back to a central point.