Answered

2 Sonos connect to 1 reciever

• 4 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Does anyone have any insight on the possibility of connecting 2 Sonos connect to 1 receiver?  I want to be able to control the volume in different areas while steaming the same music.   Just trying to save some $$$.  

I realize the alternative is to buy the new Sonos amp or another receiver but trying to make use of the connects I have.  

Thank you for your time.  

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 4 April 2021, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can connect as many Connects to your Receiver as you have line-level input connectors.

I don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish though.

I have 6 speakers outside. 3 of them are facing the yard and 3 are in an entertaining area. If we are sitting in the entertaining area I do not want the other 3 too loud out of respect for our neighborhours.  But sometimes we play games in the backyard and I want them louder…. same music just separate areas.  If I use 2 Sonos connects to the 2 areas can I control the volume with my phone?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As long as the Connects are hooked to different amplifiers, or zones of amplification if you have a multi-zone receiver, you could control the volume of each from your phone.

Thank you Stanley.