Question

2 rooms with the same name?

• 3 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hello! So I just bought my first sonos setup, consisting of 2 play:1's and 1 play 5.
These 3 will provide sound for the living room. I will add future speakers but this is it for now.

The installation went pretty fast and easy. I hooked up the play 1's as a stereo pair and named the room for them 'living room'.
I did exactly the same for my play 5, also naming it 'living room'.

Now when I want to stream music, the speakers are likely to be in different room, and I always have to group them, although they have exactly the same name.
Is there any way just to add the 3 together? Or do I always have to group them together before I start streaming?

Thanks in advance!

Laurens

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Now when I want to stream music, the speakers are likely to be in different room
Does that mean you are moving the speaker to a different room? If you unplug and move a speaker you will break the group. If you aren't moving them, they will stay grouped once you set them that way. Loss of power always breaks the groups.
What you should have done is give the Play:5 a different room name. Then group the rooms if you want them all to play together.

Room is just a label for a speaker. Don't confuse it with physical location.