Answered

1 of 2 Beams Refuses to Connect via Apple Music

• 25 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Dear Forum,

i have 2 Beams in my house, 1 wants to connect to muic being shared to it, [just about] 1 doesnt.

Beam 1 is on the same TV as an Apple TV and appears to want to use the ATV to have music shared to it as the Beam itself wont. So i share to the ATV which pops up. Is this normal and why wont my Beam take the music directly?

Beam 2 will play music from the Sonos App but not from Apple Music app and shared to it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 March 2022, 11:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @andihawes08 

Am I correct in thinking that you are using AirPlay to play to the Beams? AirPlay works in a different way than simply asking the speaker to play from Apple Music via the Sonos app.

I recommend you start by rebooting your router by removing power for at least 30 seconds. If this doesn’t help, please reboot the Beams afterwards and try again.

If you are utilising any WiFi extenders, these could also cause problems.

I hope this helps.

Badge

i use whatever means is best and not sure of the technicalities.

I have the 2 Beams, both cabled, WIFI off. Beam 1 is attached to a TV which has Apple TV. Beam to is attached to TV and no ATV.

when i want to play music from a device to Beam 1 using the devices native app, so in this instance its Apple Music App, the Beam itself is available but doesnt work. the ATV is availablle also so when choosing that, music does play.

Beam 2 is available in Apple Music but doesnt play. It does play using the Sonos App to play music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @andihawes08 

Ok, so that is AirPlay.

Given that the same phone probably has the Sonos app on it, I recommend (at least in the meantime) that you play via the Sonos app, as that doesn’t require a constant connection to your phone to play - only to initiate playback.

However, AirPlay absolutely should work so I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Rebooting your phone may also help.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Unfortunatley Sonos app is restricted in how it sees Apple Music and my wife who uses it for business has to use Apple Music App.

Ill see what the technical team says, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @andihawes08 

You are very welcome! Thanks for posting!