Welcome to Components

CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and setups with your own speakers and components

3011 Topics

Sonos Portable Headphones

Boy, would I sure like Sonos capable headphones! Sure, I could setup a Connect and a headphone amp or some wireless headphone set, but I'd like to wear them around the house in a range no wireless or...

Will my speakers blow?
Question

Hi there, i own a Sonos Sub and i have the EQ on max and the advanced Sub setting on max. i was wondering if this is bad and could i damage my Sub by playing music at high volume. i listen to songs t...

Sonos Play 5, NAD amplifier, PSB Speakers and ZP100 question
Answered

Hi, I currently own a Play 5 and a Bridge (both 3 years old) and I absolutely love the ease of use and the sound coming out of those speakers. The Bridge is in my living room next to the router an...

Sonos AMP
Question

I've got a Sonos Soundbar and might consider getting the Amp to go with it. Any quick thoughts of the benefits? Thanks!

Missing Rooms
Answered

I have set up 2 rooms however I can't see them both. If I want to say see the lounge I have to switch off the speaker in the bedroom.

Connect + hifi recommendations
Question

I have a bunch of Play 1s around the house, and an old hifi in my lounge. I picked up a connect to get sonos in stereo through my hifi in the lounge. Thinking of getting a new amp for this system -...

NAS Drive - best options any to avoid - need to upgrade
Question

Hi Currently have a Buffalo NAS 2 bay 500GB set as Raid 1. Have win 10 laptop and PC's. One of the drives has given an error message a few times - rebooting has cleared so far. Memory also...

New Sonos product request/ideas.

Hi, I have had my Sonos setup since 2013 and I love it. The sound is fantastic and they have never let me down. I would like to expand on my products and have some requirements that are not yet cat...

Connecting to a traditional hi-fi
Question

I want to use my old turntable (Project) and amp (Rotel RA02) to play vinyl through my new Sonos system (Boost, Connect and Play 1). How do I best connect the amp to the Connect (ie which output conne...

2nd router
Question

There is a room in my house that does not get wifi but has a hard wire, I have have added a 2nd wireless router to sort this issue, however this means I can't access my sonos services, is there a way...

Sonos doorbell
Question

Hi all. Tom Burton an excellent support guy from Sonos suggested I post this here as he knows the tech guys keep an eye on the forums for ideas and problems. I suggested to him that as I live in a...

Power saving for CONNECT:AMP
Question

I hate wasting energy scared about climate change. My Sonos connect amp uses over 6 amps equalling 52.56 KWhours a year without listening to music. May I have the unit switched off at mains and power...

Connect:amp with multiple speaker pairs
Question

We just moved to a new home. There are four sets of speakers built in with the wires twisted to a single pair into the audio cabinet. Each speaker pair's audio is controlled but a reostat device. I'm...

New Home set-up
Question

We just built a new house and had it pre-wired for our music to key rooms and patios for speakers. All the internal locations have had speakers installed in the ceilings. We also want to be able t...

SONOS Connect: amp - Subwoofer

Best regards. As you know in SONOS connect: amp, when the subwoofer is connected automatically a kind of filter is activated adjusting the sound in the speakers, reducing the bass and increasing th...

Preamplifier and Power Amplifier - Pre-out or rec-out?

I am adding a Sonos Connect between y Emotiva Pre and Power Amp. Will my system still work conventionally with the Preamp volume control when I'm playing preamp inputs (CD, Turntable etc) as always, o...

Google home integration with Sonos through Harmony
Question

Hello! I like to be waiting for the integration of google home and sonos, however was thinking if there is an integration with harmony I can use in the short term? Thanks!

Head Phones
Question

Any plans for Headphones from Sonos. that would be awesome. First of all I like to listen in Headphones as well because sometimes my family doesn't want to listen to Music when I want to. Seconsly I h...

Improve Sonos Audio Quality
Question

Hi I have a Sonos Connect that is hooked to an Audio Research Amp. But the audio output is very mediocre, it lacks richness and fidelity. Is there something else that I can purchase for my setup to im...

Sonos App for Apple TV 4
Question

Just got the new Apple TV, and the possibility for apps are fantastic. I can see my TV moving towards a hone center. My question is, if anyone else feels the urge for a Sonos app for Apple TV? I would...

Adding non Sonos wireless speakers
Question

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to add my B&W A7 wireless speaker to my Sonos system. I currently have a pair of Play5's in my kitchen and have my media room Naim/Linn amps/speakers accessed thr...

ZP120 play through Samsung Soundbar?
Question

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have four ZP120s that I have used for several years. Previously these have always been connected to ceiling speakers, but we have recently moved and ceil...

Need alternative to playbar or playbase for above fireplace TV

I've heard the playbar with sub and I think it sounds great. However, I'd like to avoid cluttering up my mantel with a soundbar. I have built-in cabinetry on each side of the fireplace. I'm thinking...

Sub Bass Level
Question

So when I have my master volume at about half and turn the subs bass level up there is a strong difference. However, when the master volume is turned all the way up, turning up the bass level does bas...

Advice for my outdoor setup

I recently moved into a two story house with existing outdoor speakers facing my backyard pool. The pair of speakers are mounted 30 feet apart under the roofline. I initially bought a Connect:Amp to...

Badges

• Badge
    cwcampb earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    User660879 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Russico earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    johnwalt9 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    God earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"