Welcome to Components

CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and setups with your own speakers and components

2935 Topics

Model Information in Chinese or Japanese. No information in English
Question

I purchased a Sonos system from a local home theater company. Everything works fine, but when I was cleaning I noticed that the model information on the Connect:Amp and Sub are in Chinese or Japanese...

Streaming Issues
Question

Hi all, I have 5 Play:1 and one Connect which are distributed in my flat. The flat is really small, about 60sqm, there is one Play:1 in every room, in the living room there are two of them as ster...

Home wifi mesh aka Google wifi, BT whole home wifi
Question

Has anyone tried it with sonos any issues. Thanks

Flat Ethernet cable
Answered

A technical question: Is the flat ethernet cable supplied with Sonos equipment "twisted pair" like traditional (round) ethernet cable?

Using Sonos Wireless Speakers as Computer Speakers
Question

Hello! I am hoping you can help! My husband and I have just purchased a new smart tv with sonos speakers. We have the play bar in the living room and a second speaker in the kitchen (we live in Man...

Connect AMP with Polk Atrium Garden System
Question

I am looking for reviews / feedback from those of you who have or are using the Polk Atrium sub 10 / sat 30 set with the connect amp. I realize the connect amp was not intended to be used with passiv...

Connect no longer bit-perfect?
Question

It looks like the Connect is no longer bit-perfect. Here's my evidence: let's discuss this. First, I constructed a wav file of pink noise with amplitude ramping up from zero to digital max and back...

Outdoor Speakers
Question

Us audiophiles would love some outdoor Sonos speakers. I have asked Sonos before to develop them. I'd buy them straightaway. Are they being developed? If so,when will they be available? Does anyone kn...

Sonos App for Apple TV 4
Question

Just got the new Apple TV, and the possibility for apps are fantastic. I can see my TV moving towards a hone center. My question is, if anyone else feels the urge for a Sonos app for Apple TV? I would...

Intermittent playback from Sonos Connect

My Sonos Connect is only providing an audio output intermittently to my hifi amplifier. I know it's the Connect that is at issue, rather than the amplifier, because my CD player is also connected to...

New product suggestion

Hello there, I wanted to know if I am the only one with the following need: I would like a CONNECT with only digital output because I want to use my receiver DAC. Of course nothing prevents me from...

Two Stereos
Question

I have one stereo set up with my Sonos through the connect. It's connect through the RCA output. I would like to connect another one, to play the same stuff at the same time, but there's obviously no...

Equalize volume when adding to rooms
Question

Ive had this issue for a long time. cant find any solutions. Often I operate my playbar for the TV at higher volumes. when the TV is not in use, I add the playbar to the living room set. When I add t...

How do I get sonos to trigger an external amp
Question

How can I get my sonos connect to trigger on my external amp ?? I wish sonos would add a 12v trigger... I am trying to figure out how to get my sonos to trigger on my external amp from standby mode. I...

Use Connect with existing powered sub?
Answered

I have a Connect device and I have an existing powered Kef sub. Can I get the sub to work effectively by plugging these together?

Sound disappearing from Connect:Amp
Question

I have a connect:amp wired to my router, but have recently started getting an issue with the sound disappearing shortly after play starts. I will play a track which may be off my NAS or Spotify (it se...

Connecting TV to connect:amp with optical audio cable
Question

Hi there, I have a new Samsung TV which only has an optical audio port (not the old fashioned headphone socket). I have a Sonos Conect:amp, connected to speakers, which I want to connect to the...

Is it possible to connect a Samsung and sub to Sonos Play:1 speakers?
Question

Is it possible to connect a Samsung soundbar and sub (HW-K550) for the front speakers to two Sonos Play:1 speakers for rear via a Sonos Connect to have surround sound? If so, how?

Vibrations from play 5?

Noticed alot of people place their play5 next to their vinyl player on the same table. Does anyone have experience if this works at all? There is alot of bass punch and I'm worried there will be distu...

Physical wall mount volume knob

New hardware idea: I would love an attractive, wireless physical volume knob that could be wall mounted with screws, or just attached to a piece of furniture with double sided tape. The knob would be...

No lock screen control on Huawei RIO-L01 (G8)
Question

On my new Huawei G8 phone, I can't control my Sonos on the lock screen. With my former smartphone (LG), that wasn't a problem. I believe all my settings are correct. - I installed the Sonos app on my...

Connecting Sonos to Alexa Dot
Answered

Connected Alexa via Yonomi App, however she cannot follow my music command like volume control. My Alexa app shows she is connected to all my Sonos components . Any ideas?

New Home set-up
Question

We just built a new house and had it pre-wired for our music to key rooms and patios for speakers. All the internal locations have had speakers installed in the ceilings. We also want to be able t...

Is my Connect Needed When Adding a Play 1?
Question

Hello all. First time posting here. I own a Connect, which I use with a soundbar. I just purchased a Play 1 and looking to add another Play:1 and, eventually, a PlayBase. Do I need the Connect whe...

Connected ZP120 to 220V in 110V setting

I got a ZP120 in 110V mode and connected it to a 220V current. Now, unsurprisingly, it does not work anymore. I could obviously bring it in for repair but I am wondering whether I could take care of t...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online