Answered

Your post is being reviewed.....

• 22 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
What triggers...your post is being reviewed by our moderators and will be posted after that...or something to that affect?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 22 February 2018, 20:45

Hey AJ, that means that the content of the post had enough of a "spam rating" to be considered by the automatic filter as potential spam. The filter bases this on past spam that's been flagged. Of late, the spammers have been copying content from legitimate posts, which means the filter has been more aggressive than it should be.

I just pulled two posts of yours out of there, ironically, this one included.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey AJ, that means that the content of the post had enough of a "spam rating" to be considered by the automatic filter as potential spam. The filter bases this on past spam that's been flagged. Of late, the spammers have been copying content from legitimate posts, which means the filter has been more aggressive than it should be.

I just pulled two posts of yours out of there, ironically, this one included.
It's absurd that a post from someone with 445 posts would be stopped by a spam filter. You guys really need to fire InSided, and switch to competent forum software. Also, first-time posts should automatically be moderated, which would instantly solve your spam issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're working with InSided on just some of those things. Currently, there is a pending feature which we turn on that puts first posts of new accounts through review. And we're also working with them to create some logic around trusted users, a feature that doesn't currently exist at this time. Since we're such a large community now spam will always be something that we fight, we're working to get better at it.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Ryan S for getting back to me. I figured it was something like that. Ironically, I run into similar action in another forum I participate in and it has to do with links. I just like to give people source information (in some instances) rather than have them think I'm penning a response based solely on my unsupported opinion.

@Chicks
Thanks for picking up the shield 🙂
It's absurd that a post from someone with 445 posts would be stopped by a spam filter.
My posts also get moderated on occasion.
Mine do too, for no obvious reason.

Got a chuckle out of Sonos actually endorsing InSided. :D

It isn't all down to Insided, apart from the Sonos culpability for having chosen them in the first place.
See this for another aspect: https://en.community.sonos.com/new-community-feedback-229090/moderation-etiquette-6801447
I just read the over the top endorsement. BEST vendor partnership ever? Seriously? What was the man smoking? Better than those vendor partners that manufacture your kit outside the US - presuming here that these are not Sonos owned facilities of course.

And now we have a name for the head to beat around for the pathetic InSided performance record. Wherever you are, Kenneth Refsgaard of Sonos, you need to directly respond to the posts on the spam subject threads, at the very least.