WTF?

• 22 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I just answered a question and I get this: Your post has been submitted. It will be published after a review by our moderators. Something new? For the curious, this was my posting: What sort of controller are you using?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Just happened to me again, for the umpteenth time. I'll be back in a week to see if it really has improved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We just got word that they've made a few adjustments so posting links should be a bit easier. The number streams shouldn't get blocked from posting, for example. We're also making sure to check the spam filters often and approve any posts that get blocked up.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I've also found a umber of these lately.

I would hope the system is building user-related data, at least from the start of this implementation (as opposed to the start of all time ... at least leaning from data it has evaluated) but alas, I fear it isn't that smart.

I've also posted items I was certain might anger the spam goddess since it was short and contained a link to an industry website... and yet it was not an issue... so I'm assuming there is at least a set of 'safe site' URLs. Still it can be irritatng... it would be interesting if Sonos could tell us how effective the filter is actually being... how much spam is it actually saving us from? (Like knowing my company's email spam filters over 90% of e-mail received as spam...)
I just answered a question and I get this: Your post has been submitted. It will be published after a review by our moderators. Something new? For the curious, this was my posting: What sort of controller are you using?
I've had a few of these recently, such that I gave up on the specific thread (and gave up for the day in fact). Totally innocuous content, yet the auto-mod swallowed the post. More intriguingly I recently made a bland post successfully, then made a small -- equally bland -- edit. The edit was enough to enrage the nanny and the post just disappeared without any message whatsoever.

The system can't differentiate between potential spammers who've just joined with a zero post-count, and members with years and thousands of posts behind them.

(OTOH, quoting's working again.)