Why just keep pretending everything is good wheb somethibg is really bad?

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

First off all, I am a Sonos fan, really picky with audio and this got me from the first sound, so I’m here with a sonos beam bar, 2 play 1s and a Play 5. Everything is wired to but the play 5, everything works perfect, but the play 5. Now. I have reserved my play 5 IP and make it static, it works good for some time, the it disappears and I have to plug it off and plug it back in to make it work. Now, to my title, I have seen many people complaining here and there about sonos dissapearing from the app, usually the people got the blame for x or y, but the fact that the system needs an auto refresh recover system that won’t imply the user doing technicalities, in a perfectly working wifi with low noise and good reception, is just needed, is totally there! You guys from Sonos blaming always the users won’t help this great company, is always the situation with the user having “not done something” but is never the system, come on! Set a good team with engineers testing the different escenarios and make Sonos smarter even to do something to try to recover and regain access himself to again, a perfectly working wifi network, you guys work on a Unix based system, take advantage of some programming there, a good recovery script could make the trick, and I’m not trying to be the smart ass here but , surely things can get done within the system level, there is a lot room for improvement, is not a good idea to leave someone frustrated with expensive equipment, doing manually the tricks, the fact that a speaker from a group of speakers just vanished from the app without any effort or detection from the app saying something like “ oops , it seems I just lose a device, let’s do…” whatever but, put on something better that the help text page, which is the most annoying thing a user can get when in trouble, put real effort on the recovery process for this events. And this advice right here, is the best advice you can get and I’m giving it away for you! Because I love the sound. Be gratefull.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

First off all, I am a Sonos fan, really picky with audio and this got me from the first sound, so I’m here with a somos beam bar, 2 play 1s and a Play 5. Everything is wired but the play 5, everything works perfect, but the play 5. Now. I have reserved my play 5 IP and make it static, it works good for some time, the it disappears and I have to plug it off and plug it back in to make it work. Now, to my title, I have seen many people complaining here and there about somos dissapearing from the app, usually the people got the blame for x or y, but the fact that the system needs an auto refresh recover system that won’t imply the user doing technicalities, in a perfectly working wifi with low noise and good reception, is just needed, is totally there! You guys from somos blaming always the users won’t help this great company, is always the situation with the user having “not done something” but is never the system, come one! Set a good team with engineers testing the different escenarios and make Sonos smarter even to do something to try to recover and regain access himself to again, a perfectly working wifi network, you guys work on a Unix based system, take advantage of some programming there, a good recovery script could make the trick, and I’m not trying to be the smart ass here but , surely things can get done within the system level, there is a lot room for improvement, is not a good idea to leave someone frustrated with expensive equipment, doing manually the tricks, the fact that a speaker from a group of speakers just vanished from the app without any effort or detection from the app saying something like “ oops , it seems I just lose a device, let’s do…” whatever but, put on something better that the help text page, which is the most annoying thing a user can get when in trouble, put real effort on the recovery process for this events. And this advice right here, is the best advice you can get and I’m giving it away for you! Because I love the sound. Be gratefull.

I feel your pain, but I’d be more grateful if you did spellcheck..😂

Badge

Sorry about that.