Answered

Why Can’t I see post replies?

• 7 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Every time after I log into the community forum, and I select a posting (which shows replies) I can never see the replies to the posted message, I can only see the original posted message. What am a I missing and how can I fix this? The replies are so important IMHO.
icon

Best answer by vpasq 7 March 2018, 18:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is frustrating to sort this kind of thing out, my browser's blocker is showing a dozen active sources just for this page!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
One really would have though InSided could/should have advised this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
AHH... I use 1Blocker too... never realized that could be the cause! Time to whitelist the Sonos community site in it...
Userlevel 2
Badge
I found the problem - I use a content blocker called 1Blocker on my iPad and it was blocking the display of the posts. As soon as I turned it off, bingo, all the replies are now showing. Thanks to all who replied, now that I got to read them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Unless you're visiting the site on a cell phone (or possibly a tablet), in which case replies to a post never show up. I can reply to a topic from my phone, but no replies will show up on my iPhone when I access this site. I see the main post, then go right to the Reply box.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I just got notified a reply was posted to my message, but even using the link in the message I don’t see any reply showing, just my original post. This is so frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As Ken suggested, this might be a case where the reply you were looking for was caught temporarily in the spam filter. It shouldn't be that common, but we're working on improving things so less false positives show up.
There appears to be an issue with the community site spam filters and also the Sonos Staff Moderators checking the posts. I think those are the main reasons.

I have seen many of my posts disappear and occasionally reappear much later, occasionally out of sequence. Hopefully the matter will be fixed soon... fingers-x'd.

The Sonos Staff are aware of the situation from what I can gather.