Question

Why bother reporting posts orthreads?

• 23 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Never, repeat never get any feedback. Nor is there ever any thanks.

I'm done reporting posts.

This latest Spam attack and the COMPLETE absence of any visible actions, NO user engagement apart from 1 thread (not even STICKYED), ignoring user suggestions, allowing Spam over the weekends and when America is asleep has pushed me over the edge.

I am thoroughly sick of it now and it is just capped off bu being ignored when reporting posts or threads.

Sonos benefits a tremendous amount by the troubleshooting it's USERs does on its behalf - I reckon we save you at least 1 full time support agent in each time zone.

I can't be fucking arsed anymore - why should I if Sonos don't apparently care?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Oh, I'm sure that Ryan S and all his hard working peers care very much, but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Doubt very much that they had any input on the choice of InSided. That was made by some overpaid decision makers who were persuaded by InSided's slick marketing; now Ryan & peers are stuck with gritting their teeth and supporting that awful decision. Anyone who's worked at a medium to large business has been put in this situation more than once, unfortunately. The decision makers simply tell them "make it work", and head out to the golf course.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't know that this forum software has a method for them to reply back to a report on thread other than going on thread and taking any action. They do seem to respond on threads when flagged with issues.
That was made by some overpaid decision makers who were persuaded by InSided's slick marketing; now Ryan & peers are stuck with gritting their teeth and supporting that awful decision. Anyone who's worked at a medium to large business has been put in this situation more than once, unfortunately. The decision makers simply tell them "make it work", and head out to the golf course.
I wrote something on these lines a year ago when the new community platform was launched. And I have been at the wrong end of the "make it work" nonsense enough times to recognise the same behaviour here. Enough of it ends up with company going down the tubes and becoming a job for someone to come and fix all that is broken. Or not, and then the company has to be sold or shut down. A story as old as the corporate hills.
This software does make it increasingly harder for us to help each other. That is one of the best things about this forum... the user to user help. I don't get why they don't just shut down new user registrations until this gets resolved... its been weeks. They are already seeing that Insided is incapable of fixing it because in their feeble attempts to do so they broke the recents listing on mobile devices for many of us and the spam problem still exists weeks later. Time to suck it up and replace their crap software with something reputable and functional.
Time to suck it up and replace their crap software with something reputable and functional.
(Sigh) If only...
It's been hard to help folks since the software went in. Much of my help used to rely on searching, and the search facility is not just useless, it is a hindrance. Sadly, Google actually works better than the search here (which may be why the spammers are targeting an InSided site for posting their "Google for support number and call us for help" scam. LOL). Finding an old thread or individual post used to take seconds, now you can't find them at all. V-bulletin may have been dated, but it is still the very best forum software out there. This current stuff is, quite frankly, crap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, I know it's frustrating right now and believe me, we feel it too. We're doing what we can to keep the community clean and that includes the team logging in on off hours, weekends, and whenever they can after getting emails about reported posts. InSided is working with us on a number of solutions some near term and some that’ll take more development. We hope to have something in place soon.

Never, repeat never get any feedback. Nor is there ever any thanks.

We don’t always have the chance to reply to the reporter directly, but we all appreciate it that you take the time to report them. For any time I missed it: Thanks!

The moderation staff all gets notified when you report something and whoever gets to it first will jump on and handle the thread. Depending on when you report it there may be a longer wait, but we will be on it as soon as we can.

We’ll try to be more diligent in replying back in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I called in one of the numbers on the site to help with my Norton Antivirus ... now I have no money remaining in my bank account to buy any more Sonos products!