Answered

why am i getting this update notification..again?

• 24 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Did the 14.4 update.. then trueplay. Now I’m getting this notification for the Arc. What and why is this? Hopefully a SONOS rep will chime in and give a definitive answer.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 August 2022, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Did you get that message after the first update?  The reason I ask is if you only updated the app and not the hardware, it may have auto-updated the hardware overnight, thus triggering the message.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Did you get that message after the first update?  The reason I ask is if you only updated the app and not the hardware, it may have auto-updated the hardware overnight, thus triggering the message.

Updated app, then the hardware, all 14.4….then trueplay…so not sure why I get this Arc update.

Perhaps your Move didn’t get the update yet.

edit...or the other way around.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Perhaps your Move didn’t get the update yet.

edit...or the other way around.

Whole system and app are 14.4

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

As usual.. Sonos rep gives no reply 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Dogdad As this is a user forum where Sonos only passes by, you could try to tag a Sonos rep (place an @ in front of their name) to elicit an answer.

Strange that you might get this message after you did the Trueplay (that was indeed reset with the 14.12 update).

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It's just a standard reminder that keeps coming on occasion.  In this case the reminder doesn't know you've already  If you have already retuned true play since the first time you saw the message after a firmware update, you don't need to bother.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dogdad 

As usual.. Sonos rep gives no reply 

This is a community forum - we only reply if no-one else has, or if the conversation has come to an end and more still needs to be said - for example, if there’s no reply in the thread that can be marked as the Best Answer.

As to your initial question, I don’t know. Update v14.14 did not address any tuning on the Arc, so it seems a bit strange, certainly, especially as you’ve already performed the TruePlay tuning. If the pop-up keeps appearing after dismissal, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, though I’d try a reset of the Sonos app first.

iOS or Android

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap App Preferences.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the App Preferences menu and tap Reset App.
  4. Close and reopen the app.

I hope this helps.