Where did the black & white patterns go?

• 12 March 2021
  • 4 replies

To owners of 2020 Samsung QLED TV’s and Sonos Arc, has anyone noticed the black & white changing patterns that used to display on the screen before a source was selected are now gone!  My Samsung Qled was recently updated automatically and then I noticed the patterns were gone.  I unplugged everything and plugged in again but still no patterns.  The TV and Arc work well together but the patterns were nice when you’re just streaming music.  Any thoughts on this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @gildy, thanks for reaching out.

Due to issues with Sonos Arc not receiving audio when eARC is enabled on some Samsung TVs, we disabled the screensaver to mitigate this issue. When Arc detects that it’s connected to a Samsung TV it will turn off that feature to avoid the aforementioned eARC issues. You can learn more about the issues people were facing in this thread:

Hi @gildy, thanks for reaching out.

Due to issues with Sonos Arc not receiving audio when eARC is enabled on some Samsung TVs, we disabled the screensaver to mitigate this issue. When Arc detects that it’s connected to a Samsung TV it will turn off that feature to avoid the aforementioned eARC issues. You can learn more about the issues people were facing in this thread:

Sorry to reply to a month old post, but I'm just curious as to if were ever going to get the screensaver back? :)

Or if you have any plans on enabling it on say the Samsuns that doesn't use One Connect boxes etc? 

Cheers!

Hey, will it ever be possible to change out the screensaver photos?

I am afraid the small range of images will potentially cause permanent burn in damage to my LG GX OLED.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sorry to reply to a month old post, but I'm just curious as to if were ever going to get the screensaver back? :)

Or if you have any plans on enabling it on say the Samsuns that doesn't use One Connect boxes etc? 

Cheers!

I think it really depends on Samsung. I have a feeling Samsung have moved on from the older, pre-2021 TVs and probably won’t be making any more firmware fixes to those TVs, which will mean the Sonos work-around for them will be permanent.