Answered

When is this TUNE IN scam going to stop ?

Userlevel 1

When is SONOS going to listen to its customers and stop this TUNE IN catastrophy ? As mentionned in numerous posts on this blog, Tune In regularly fails to access my radio (France Musique, French public classical music) . But when it does, i have to support their advertisements, although France Musique is a Public radio and DOES NOT HAVE PUBLICITY ! This means the Tune In ad revenus go totally in Tune In and, probably, SONOS pockets ! Considering we have all bought SONOS products without any mention of the obligation to have publicity when using them, this is the biggest scam i have yet met in the hi-fi business. All my SONOS products are now on sale on internet, and I strongly advise not to buy anything from this society on social media. If we all do likewise, maybe they will listen...

icon

Best answer by castalla 8 June 2022, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What a pile of unsubstantiated, inaccurate rubbish. 

What system are you planning to buy to replace Sonos?

My understanding is that the Tune In business model is to organize and provide access to radio station access that may not be accessible otherwise, free to consumers.  They make profit through advertising.  Sonos has no part in this advertising.  I think your course of action would be to talk to Tune In about charging a subscription fee, rather than advertising fee.  Or with your radio station(s) to see if they can provide a channel to Sonos without going through Tune In.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Any ads would only be playing at the start of a new stream. If you have ads during the programs you might have wifi interference. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Use Mytuner Radio

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

TuneIn is a business, they have to pay their staff via some income..

France Musique is a Public radio and DOES NOT HAVE PUBLICITY ! This means the Tune In ad revenus go totally in Tune In and, probably, SONOS pockets ! Considering we have all bought SONOS products without any mention of the obligation to have publicity when using them, this is the biggest scam i have yet met in the hi-fi business. 

I have not used internet radio for some time; if memory serves, I think you can directly access France Musique via its streaming URL from Sonos after a one time effort of entering in the URL. 

Tune In is just a bundled convenience, and I suppose need to get paid in some way for this service. For all I know, they may also have a ad free Tune In that you pay for on a monthly basis.

this is the biggest scam i have yet met in the hi-fi business.

PS to the quoted - oh no. Hi Res audio is bigger by orders of magnitude! Then there is all the snake oil sold in physical form by makers of expensive audio kit under the label HiFi/Audiophile. 

This one is trivial, if indeed it can be called a scam.