What are my options for Dolby Atmos (if any) with my setup

• 14 December 2020
  • 1 reply

So currently I have the Sonos Amp hardwired to 4 ceiling speakers in my living room and then 2 Sonos Ones in my kitchen and dining room 

I’m debating upgrading my current vizio surround setup to the arc and adding 2 additional rear One’s 

I have a 2017 Model Sony XBR830B 

Is it even possible to pass the Atmos to the amp from the arc and have it create that effect.. or in the very least if I have the arc + amp, am I able to use the ceiling speakers as general surrounds adding onto the arc and rear One’s? if I'm not getting that Dolby Atmos from either my TV or the arc, would I be better in just saving the money and buying the Play sound bar?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

SONOS does not support external ATMOS height speakers. Arc has internal upward firing speakers. AMP can be used to drive 3rd party rear surround speakers. Only two rear surround speakers are supported. You could use a pair of ONE’s as rear surrounds or rear surrounds driven by AMP, not both.

I doubt that your TV will pass the required stream to support ATMOS. Here is a discussion about Arc and surround formats.