We don't care - just buy a NEW one with 30% off

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I gave up reading your rant about 20 per cent though. But.here is some news. Electronic gear fails sometimes. When that happens many, many years after the warranty expired, you usually just have to stump up for a replacement with no discount. 30 per cent is generous.

Your complaint is ridiculous.

this is either a genius (NOT) marketing plan to get peoe to buy a new system every 9-10yrs (30% off of course) or very poor customer service from what I originally thought was a high class, professional organisation.

I am not anymore a 100% fan of Sonos, but what you have quoted is the state of the world today where home audio at Sonos price points is concerned; I am not sure that many others would give you even that 30% off. Nor would many deliver - and definitely not offer - service that long from their kit. 

Again, I have my own issues with Sonos, but what you write is actually a testimonial in praise of Sonos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sonos still support every speaker product that they have ever produced and they can still function effectively.

However if the electronics fail, as they inevitably do over time, they do not do not offer a repair service.  You may find 3rd parties that can offer that service, and if fixed it can resume its place on your Sonos environment. 

If you can’t get it fixed 30% is pretty decent discount for replacement of a product that is probably near 10 years old and not been in production as you say since 2015.  

Not sure what else you expected for a device that old?

I can’t tell if this is a complaint about the break between S1 and S2 or a complaint that one of the users products failed after warranty expired and they got a 30% discount on a new product.

Can’t see your text, but it sounds like your Play:5 may have failed - from others comments, possibly a Gen1?

I had one of mine repaired by this company - https://sonosrepair.co.uk - and it was a lot cheaper than buying a new one, even with a 30% discount.

I had one of mine repaired by this company - https://sonosrepair.co.uk - and it was a lot cheaper than buying a new one, even with a 30% discount.

Genius business idea, especially now that more people are interested in not damaging the planet even more. Sonos should be lobbied to endorse this operation on the Sonos website after adding legally needed disclaimers, to bring this service to a wider market of Sonos users. And if the Sonos stated recent commitment to the planet is genuine at all, this limited endorsement should be a cinch.

Genius business idea, especially now that more people are interested in not damaging the planet even more

Quite agree… it just feels wrong to either dump the kit or ‘recycle’ it, if it can be fixed. The guy had to rebuild some of the amps, but it’s still working fine 18 months later - and used about 10 hours every day.

it just feels wrong to either dump the kit or ‘recycle’ it, if it can be fixed. The guy had to rebuild some of the amps, but it’s still working fine 18 months later - and used about 10 hours every day.

After I ended up bricking the Sonos Dock, it was this consequence suggested by Sonos in moving to S2 that made me move away from Sonos for future needs. All my S2 incompatible kit was working fine two years ago when this S1/S2 happened, and it continues to work so today, even if in most cases it is no longer the source unit; that function is now over to Echo Show units wired to Sonos line in jacks.

Genius business idea, especially now that more people are interested in not damaging the planet even more. Sonos should be lobbied to endorse this operation on the Sonos website after adding legally needed disclaimers, to bring this service to a wider market of Sonos users. And if the Sonos stated recent commitment to the planet is genuine at all, this limited endorsement should be a cinch.

It would be difficult to endorse the operation and then note, as you pointed out via the ‘legally needed disclaimers’, that such a repair would void any warranty, that whatever was made may not be compatible with future hardware upgrades, the product could fail and cause damage, etc.  Any endorsed repair would need to be with Sonos approved parts and procedures followed. 

Sonos has pledged to start using fasteners instead of adhesives in their products to make repairs easier.  Whether that eventually results in an officially endorsed repair program….I don’t know.

There is a phrase - in place of why we can’t, think why can’t we.