TV/Cinema Audio

• 1 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Sonos feature request. 

With the recent anniuncement of a budget soundbar, the Sonos S36 Soundbar (Fury), Sonos appears to be focusing on soundbars for TV audio.

I personally find this disappointing.

What I would love to see is the capability to connect 2 Play 1s/One SLs/Ones to a TV for Audio.

Why? I want 1 product that will provide a great Audio experience for movies and music. In my opinion a soundbar can't provide that, particularly for music. A stereo pair provides better stereo separation and a wider sound stage and therefore a better audio experience than a soundbar.

I do recognise the challenges of video and audio syncing over WiFi. Could this be accomplished with a new Sub that connects to the TV by HDMI eArc, and the stereo pair feeds off the Sub over WiFi?

I'm picturing a new, smaller sub connected by HDMI eArc, a One SL and a One. 2.1 audio experience providing a superior audio experience over a Beam.

Option for another 2 One SLs for rears to provide 4.1. 

Or maybe even proper 5.1 sound stage with a small centre speaker for movies.

Audio settings automatically amended for tv/movies (surround) or music (stereo). 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CPash84 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for your idea about having an HDMI-connected Sub - very interesting.

I was about to say that Play 1s/One SLs/Ones do not have the physical ability to get audio from TV, but this would indeed do the job.

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.

Thanks!