Answered

trade up credit

• 31 May 2020
  • 7 replies

When you have traded up your Leacy product, and the credit is on your account. If you then sell the device and the new owner adds it on their system/account , dues the credit stay on your account or transfer to them? 

icon

Best answer by mdawsonuk 1 June 2020, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Unused credit transfers to the new owner.

See the FAQs here

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/tradeup

Thanks John. Just had a reply from sonos.

To clarify: The credit stays on/with the account it was generated with and the new owner of the device does not get the credit. 

The new owner will however be able to trade up and therefore recieve the credit if the trade up option has not yet been issued before on that device before the device is moved to a new owner. 

Thanks again

Well, just looked at the FAQs again and the answer has been changed since my post, possibly as a result of this thread!  I wish i had copied the wording.

I have a pair of play 1 where and how can I trade them?

PLAY:1s are S2 compliant, and can not be used to get the trade up discount.

See the FAQ that John linked to above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If I have a credit and use it to purchase 2 new Play five gen 3 speakers, will the gen 1 speakers continue to work? Can I use the credit and then sell the gen 1 speakers? I understand that the new owner would not ever be able to get a credit on the

If I have a credit and use it to purchase 2 new Play five gen 3 speakers, will the gen 1 speakers continue to work? Can I use the credit and then sell the gen 1 speakers? I understand that the new owner would not ever be able to get a credit on the

Yes, and yes.