Totally done with Sonos.

• 26 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m done with Sonos. I bought this speaker as I like quality sounds, I had heard the sound coming from a Sonos speaker and thought it was excellent. It is a good sound, but the problems with software etc, one after the other, time and time again is driving me potty.

Yet again after spending hours trying to get the speaker to work with my new router, I finally managed it, only for it to go back to square one when I switched it off.

It really is so frustrating, spending extra to get quality sound only for the tech side of things to be completely atrocious.

Enough’s enough. Bye Sonos, I’m off to buy another speaker. Hopefully with much the same quality but none of the hassle.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @sonosintolerant, thank you for reaching to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. Your frustrations are completely understandable. We are here for you. Let me help you figure out what's happening. 

Sonos requires updated network information whenever you change the WiFi network name, password, or replace the router. Your Sonos should be re-associated to your new router to stay connected to the network. 

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

This process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable for your Sonos can save your new WiFi information.

• If your Sonos App already shows your home page:
    • Tap Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup 
  • If you are not seeing your home page, follow these steps
    • Open the Sonos app and wait while it searches for your Sonos system.
  • If the app shows “We can’t connect to Sonos,” tap This isn’t working.
    • Tap More Options, then Update Wi-Fi Settings.
    • Follow the instructions to connect Sonos to the WiFi network.

Please submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. Also, kindly provide your full network setup including the make and model for each device. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.