Too many updates

• 22 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I have sold my system after years. Good sound but not user friendly for family. Not interested in updating every 2 weeks. I don’t care what the excuse is. Doesn’t happen on any other system. Sorry and happy to see it go. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You back to spinning disks or tape in your Walkman?  Or what are you using?

You have 'sold your system after years'? Well, thank you for taking the trouble to register for the forum today in order to share that with us.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

That is a very silly reason to sell your expensive system. Updates are basically to make the system better.

Well, not really that silly, actually. It is highly annoying to be told you have to update your system so frequently, and then go through the whole setup when you just want to put on some music. I suggested some years ago to Sonos that there be an auto update button so you can authorise the system to update for minor bug fixes , or update when you close the system or stop playing etc etc etc.

But there IS an auto update button...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can set the system to update at night.  It should not be necessary to go through set up after an update.

Oh, I stand corrected! Thanks for that.