Question

Survey? I'll give you a survey!!

• 14 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Right

So I have already participated in the survey so why is it every time I come onto the board after I look at a couple of threads my screen goes opaque and the blasted survey comes up again?

I know you're trying to improve things but honestly what with the Spam that gets deleted whilst America is awake and this dratted survey............

SURVEY, Not Surbey!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Stuart,

Normally, once you see the survey you shouldn't see it for at least 30 days. Unless you have the option that deletes your cookies every time you close the browser.

Are you experiencing the same thing with a different browser?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Max

I only use Firefox and have allowed cookies
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Understood. But do you have the option that deletes/removes the cookies after closing Firefox?
You can find this option here: Firefox preferences in the Tools/Options/Privacy. If you don't have this option activated would you mind testing with a different browser?

I personally had the same issue with many browsers as I had this option turned on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If it were something that popped up in the middle of the screen, no matter where on a page I am, I wouldn't be as bugged about it. But the fact that it will appear no matter where I am on the page, but I have to scroll to the top of the page to close it, is horribly annoying. I've taken it once, on one computer, but I access this site from at least three other computers between home and work, and I'm not going to take it 3 more times.
Annoyance here too. And a lot of times it is just an ad for the survey company. I know I've taken it twice and nothing was ever improved so it's obviously a wasted resource here.