Suggestion: Room Selection Presets

• 31 October 2018
  • 3 replies

What I want, is the ability to create Room Presets under the 'rooms' section of the app. This would mean you could select room x,y and z and save it as a preset, or just rooms x and z under a different preset. This would allow you to quickly switch between different room selections without having to change from the last selection you used. It would also mean you could assign alarms to the appropriate Room Presets without having to worry which rooms are linked to the one selected for the alarm.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have suggested this to SONOS via email and they asked me to bring this into the community for feedback.

What I want, is the ability to create Room Presets under the 'rooms' section of the app. Thi would mean you could select room x,y and z and save it as a preset, or just rooms x and z under a different preset. This would allow you to quickly switch between different room selections without having to change from the last selection you used. It would also mean you could assign alarms to the appropriate Room Presets without having to worry which rooms are linked to the one selected for the alarm.

What do you think? I'm surprised we don't have the feature already to be honest.
Userlevel 2
Hi. I completely agree. I am so tired of separating out speakers or muting speakers that are in rooms that I do not want to currently use. The system is great so I have 8 units, but it has become a pain when I want to change where the music is played on a regular basis. Having the ability to save preset room settings would be totally awesome. We would need the ability to name the preset group to whatever we would like.
This is a feature begging to be added. Sonos is the perfect setup for this feature.
Thanks!
Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's a fairly regular thing to be asked. Some call it scenes or presets as you have.

From my point of view I don't really see much to be gained - perhaps 3 taps/clicks at best. Personally I find describing the process to create/change groups on the fly as a pain to be nearing hyperbolic territory.

But either way it's a fair enough request that Sonos are certainly aware of.