Suggestion: Option to reboot devices

• 24 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I know this has been suggestion over 2 years ago but with S2 it would be a good addition. Sometimes getting to specific speakers ac outlets can be difficult. An option to either reboot individual speakers/devices from the app OR a full system reboot would be nice. Sometimes speakers that have been on for months at a time need a reboot, especially if you’ve made network changes in your home.  

thanks for listening!

Albert 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @ajx8141, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thank you for your detailed post outlining the issue and that is a very good suggestion. We appreciate you taking out to share your experience with us. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.  

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

A bit of revision. The engineering team locked out this option (http://x.x.x.x:1400/reboot) a good while ago, evidently on security grounds.

It had existed for years before that. In the later stages they put it behind a CSRF token handshake but now even that facility is withdrawn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, as above, it was removed along with lots of other useful options from that page.

I do feel there's a real case for reintroducing that one (and others) as options from within the App.

I really wish the current queue would be made persistent after a reboot too.  They ‘survive’ planned reboots as part of updates.

Userlevel 1

A bit of revision. The engineering team locked out this option (http://x.x.x.x:1400/reboot) a good while ago, evidently on security grounds.

It had existed for years before that. In the later stages they put it behind a CSRF token handshake but now even that facility is withdrawn.

Yes I have seen this option but I never got a chance to use it with my somewhat newer items. I really hope they reconsider adding this back. 
This system reminds me of my Mesh router system. I can go in and individually reboot each one right from the app (no matter where I am). This feature made me realize that it should be that easy to do in the Sonos app as well.