Spotify issues for Airbnb hosts

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a beautiful new Arc with subchannels and subwoofer. It’s Amazing!! The only problem is that when I rent the house on AIrbnb and my renters click play, they are using my Spotify credentials. Which means I can’t play Spotify myself at the same time. I was literally out for a walk playing Spotify and fighting with a renter and didn’t realize it. Pretty please fix this for Airbnb hosts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

This isn’t a Sonos problem. It is a limitation of your current Spotify subscription plan. You should consider getting a Spotify Premium Family plan so you can have multiple accounts in use at the same time. https://www.spotify.com/us/family/

There’s no way to use more the one credential on Sonos. It’s a Sonos issue. Sorry. 

Userlevel 7

If you have a Spotify Premium Family account, couldn’t you log in as a different user in the Sonos app when someone is renting your home? Then you could continue to use your primary account without interruption.

Yes but then they have my music. Not their music. It’s so strange there’s no easy way to tie authentication to their Airbnb reservation. Perhaps Airbnb and Sonos need to speak. 

Yes but then they have my music. Not their music. It’s so strange there’s no easy way to tie authentication to their Airbnb reservation. Perhaps Airbnb and Sonos need to speak. 

Of course Sonos should not be speaking to Airbnb (or any and every short-term rental platform).  This is your issue to manage as part of your offering to guests.  Guests who have Spotify don’t even need your Spotify account.  They can play their own Spotify account using their Spotify app direct to Sonos using Spotify Connect.

If you want to offer Spotify to everyone then you could, as already suggested, have a separate Spotify login for guests.