Spaming Private Message

• 29 December 2017
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
To whom do you report spammers using Private Messages?
Specifically "LauraRalph" who uses and email address of sergeantlaurarealph7@gmail.com?
Google that address and there's lots of people reporting that across multiple websites (Norton Community, WebRoot,..).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
There should be a way to report people that are fake accounts or spammers! I just changed my settings from able to receive messages from anyone to only those I follow. I should be able to delete messages at the least to remove the current spam.
I also just received a spam message and have been looking for a way to report it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I Also did and according to my frend google Scammer - lauraralphsergeant@gmail.com
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yup, looks like we all got the same message

"Lauraralph
32 minutes ago

I'm Sgt Laura Ralph from USA Email me right now at ( sergeantlauraralph7 XXXXXX ) I have something very important to discuss with you there ok. "

I just hope it's not a matter of national security and we're reporting her as spam!!!!! 😃
Same here, lol, it sounds like a fishing scam, trying to hook into the slave mode vulnerability.
Me too. Same message. Spammers need to be blocked.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
same here
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks everyone! I actually got the spam message too.... They've been banned and we're working on getting the messages removed if possible.

In the future, feel free to report it by posting here, sending an email to community@sonos.com, or even sending me a private message.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
I received it too.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks Ryan 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The messages should be deleted now too. Sorry for the trouble everyone.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Ryan,

I just received one of these spam messages from user
ogechiamaka. Can you please take care of this user? Also how do we block these people from PMing us? Thanks.

The message is:

ogechiamaka 3 hours ago
Hello Dear
i saw your profile and became interested in you, my name is Marian i am working with united nation, i will like to have a friend like you,
i have something to share with you, please email me through (MarianGeorge45@hotmail.com) for more information about me, i will check my mail to know if you have contacted me because i am working at the moment
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
There should be a way to report people that are fake accounts or spammers! I just changed my settings from able to receive messages from anyone to only those I follow. I should be able to delete messages at the least to remove the current spam.

I looked, and I don’t see a way to change my settings for who can send me messages. Maybe that was on an old message board forum format or maybe that’s because I am on a mobile device, I am not sure.
Ditto; since I had not found this thread, I reported this to Ryan via private message.
FYI, Edward banned this user, and it looks like PMs were removed.

https://en.community.sonos.com/community-feedback-229090/scam-spam-users-sending-me-pms-6820998
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Feel free to let any of the team know if this happens again. In this case, they PMd some of us too...
I was just sad because I thought I'd made a new friend. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Aww! I'm not new, but I'm your friend! 🙂