Answered

Spam via Sonos community or Sonos?

• 1 November 2017
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Just received an email linking me to the Sonos community.
“vivi4love
vivi4love 3 minutes ago
Hello Dear Friend,

How are you doing Today? Hope you are in good health.I will like to invest in your Country so i want us to have a mutual agreement on this matter.I will provide the money for the investment. For More details contact me so that i can tell you how to go about it .And i also want you to know that the money in common is in a Bank and i need your assistance in transfering the money to your Account for investment purpose. In your next mail i will let you know how to go about It and how you will help me on this.

My email address below

viviantraore01@gmail.com

Vivian Traore”

Anyone else had this or similar? It purported to come from the Sonos community and I was prompted to log in to read it.

BTW email source was allegedly community@sonos.com
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 1 November 2017, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I just received the same. It was sent via the forum 'private message' system. I tried to post a new topic about it but it was blocked for moderation ! The irony of blocking regular users from posting yet allowing through junk from a totally new user!

Can someone from Sonos comment on how this can be blocked ? Hopefully another nail in the coffin for this lousy Insided forum
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
its from the same new user https://en.community.sonos.com/members/vivi4love-7947007
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the flag guys. I was sent a PM from the user too. They've been banned from the community.

You can turn off receiving PMs from people you don't follow within the forum settings, but that also means you'd have to follow someone in order to have a private conversation with them.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Thanks Ryan.
Thanks Ryan - I received this same message. thanks for the info and followup.
Ryan,

Does their ban also remove any non-read PMs that they might of sent? Or should we expect several hundred more "I received it too" messages here?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'd be happy simply learning how to delete a message from the inbox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It doesn't delete the PMs, but I've asked if that can be done. We'll see if it can.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
How do we delete this annoying PM? No way that I can see of removing it?! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All spam messages and trace of that member have been removed as of now. You shouldn't see that spam message anymore.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
All spam messages and trace of that member have been removed as of now. You shouldn't see that spam message anymore.

Many Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I just received this very odd spam message:

Lauraralph
Lauraralph 3 hours ago
I'm Sgt Laura Ralph from USA

Email me right now at

( sergeantlauraralph7@gmail.com )

I have something very important to discuss with you there ok.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks The7hil, we're on it. They sent me the same message.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Just did some googling and this spam has been sent on other forums also.
Badge +2
Yep. I got this too.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Phew. Thought I was in trouble with the law for a minute there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Yeah... the "IRS" keeps calling me to say they're "filing a lawsuit against" me for something and "an urgent callback is necessary."
I just received this very odd spam message:

Lauraralph
Lauraralph 3 hours ago
I'm Sgt Laura Ralph from USA

Email me right now at

( sergeantlauraralph7@gmail.com )

I have something very important to discuss with you there ok.

I got the exact same one overnight too. 😞

Pity they weren't more creative though. I'm always happy to share my bank details with you if you're a Nigerian prince looking to distribute your wealth! ahahaha

Ant

Yeah... the "IRS" keeps calling me to say they're "filing a lawsuit against" me for something and "an urgent callback is necessary."

I have fun with those people. Love when they threaten to send armed agents to my door. I tell them "Good, I'll make coffee!"