Sonos wasted my time and money

• 14 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I bought a new Play 5 gen 2 in December 2019 with the idea that if I loved it, I would buy a second right away—I wanted stereo. I did love it and but almost immediately Sonos discontinued the model I had just bought, and the new 5 was designed not to pair with the Play 5 gen 2. I called and I wrote Sonos asking to return the unit so I could upgrade. They offered me a 15% credit instead. Sonos wouldn’t stand behind their sale and I was stuck. 

Then this week, two and a half years later I received a survey from Sonos. I told them what had happened and they set up a call. They never called. So I called them and after 40 minutes on hold they escalated the issue. All for naught, they just offered the 15% again. Sonos wasted my time and money.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Bro the gen3 play 5 or 5 whatever they call that speaker wasn’t released until June 2020. They still sold the gen2 for some time after that as well. You probably could have picked up a refurb. Or buy used.  

And You can use Sonosequencer on iOS to pair non identical speakers so tbh I don’t really get your problem.