sonos turning off comments by Caroline community manager…

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hey Caroline V..community manager…why do you turn off comments after posting about the latest update on the Arc.. so many people are upset because their system sounds like crap after the update. If you would have left comments on..you’d know this.. not good business Caroline ..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @dogdad thanks for your feedback. The community team is closely monitoring all community members feedback and posts regarding the latest Arc update. To get the most direct 1:1 assistance with the latest Arc update the best route is to contact Sonos technical support.

Have you updated your Sonos Arc tuning? Are you having specific issues with your system after the update? If so, the community is here to help. As stated in the original Enhanced Clarity for Arc announcement, after updating to the latest version of Arc, you’ll need to retune with TruePlay. 

Thanks again for reaching out to me and expressing your concerns. I appreciate you taking the time to post in the community. Have a wonderful Friday @Dogdad 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @dogdad thanks for your feedback. The community team is closely monitoring all community members feedback and posts regarding the latest Arc update. To get the most direct 1:1 assistance with the latest Arc update the best route is to contact Sonos technical support.

Have you updated your Sonos Arc tuning? Are you having specific issues with your system after the update? If so, the community is here to help. As stated in the original Enhanced Clarity for Arc announcement, after updating to the latest version of Arc, you’ll need to retune with TruePlay. 

Thanks again for reaching out to me and expressing your concerns. I appreciate you taking the time to post in the community. Have a wonderful Friday @Dogdad 

I have done all you asked in this reply hopefully you will fix my system 

The other speakers I own are fine and work well but my main av arc system now sounds terrible 

Clarity was fine before the update FYI 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks again for reaching out to me and expressing your concerns. I appreciate you taking the time to post in the community. Have a wonderful Friday @Dogdad 

I have done all you asked in this reply hopefully you will fix my system 

The other speakers I own are fine and work well but my main av arc system now sounds terrible 

Clarity was fine before the update FYI 

Yes I agree! I think quite a lot of us are not happy with the update so please kindly look into it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

As of now..no i have not done the update. To many people experiencing issues since they updated and numerous complaints. 
Also, I  have the auto update option off , however my true play is not working anymore yet it says an update is available. Why is this? Did SONOS update my system when I didn’t want it?? 
the system was fine before..but some corporate Sonos tech thinks we should have a different sound and decides to change things…you can’t make a wheel any rounder. Leave stuff alone if it’s working and people are happy!!..🤬

As of now..no i have not done the update. To many people experiencing issues since they updated and numerous complaints. 
Also, I  have the auto update option off , however my true play is not working anymore yet it says an update is available. Why is this? Did SONOS update my system when I didn’t want it?? 

There are often two types of updates from Sonos, the App software and the device firmware …and both may go hand-in-hand.

On occasions there might be an update, of both or either one. The recent 14.12 update was both an App software update and a firmware update, perhaps you have accidentally done one and not the other? Maybe check your ‘About My System’ area of the App it will show you if any device has been updated etc. You can also check the App version there too.

Userlevel 1

Hello, please Kindly look into the update issues we are all experiencing. The sub is not performing as it should be. A lot of us paid a decent chunk of change for our systems and for it to not perform as it was is…unfair. I already contacted technical support but it should be known in this forum also that concerns be heard. Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Honestly I have planned to watch a movie or two this weekend but now I don't have to mood to watch after the update... because I don't want to waste the time to watch them with a system like this! And I may only watch them only once.…

Please kindly help to fix it asap...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

There are often two types of updates from Sonos, the App software and the device firmware …and both may go hand-in-hand.

On occasions there might be an update, of both or either one. The recent 14.12 update was both an App software update and a firmware update, perhaps you have accidentally done one and not the other? Maybe check your ‘About My System’ area of the App it will show you if any device has been updated etc. You can also check the App version there too.

I’m on 14.12…and app is up to date.. I have no true play and sonos says there’s an update.  

@Dogdad . You said that you hadn't done the update then that app and system are on 14 12. So did you go ahead and update?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Dogdad . You said that you hadn't done the update then that app and system are on 14 12. So did you go ahead and update?

No.. that’s what’s puzzling.. I have not done the update. System says it needs update but is on 14.12.. also don’t have true play. And I don’t have the auto update switched on.. 

Sorry to labour this but does it say 14.12 next to each of your speakers in About My System? Not just for the app?

@Dogdad,
Either the App has updated and the firmware on the speakers hasn’t (or vice versa), I suspect🤔?

Did you switch off automatic updates just in just your Sonos App, but maybe leave automatic App updates enabled in your mobile device settings perhaps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I think it’s ok to let the SONOS team to have more time to spend on the overall improvement and that of the dialogue, but at the very least just let us revert back to the system that used to be on version 14.10 first? I don’t mind to run another trueplay for that cos it’s much better than don’t want to use the system now… The volume drop problem may not give big impact to me because the apartments in Asian countries are relatively small but for those user in other countries, they may feel like their system already reached or very close to the limit and the system is not as powerful as before, which is really a bad feeling. I’ve read that a user used to put the volume at 60% in his big room and now he has to put 100%… :(

Please just simply let us have the system back in the status before this update 14.12 and then spend time on improvements.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think it’s ok to let the SONOS team to have more time to spend on the overall improvement and that of the dialogue, but at the very least just let us revert back to the system that used to be on version 14.10 first? I don’t mind to run another trueplay for that cos it’s much better than don’t want to use the system now… The volume drop problem may not give big impact to me because the apartments in Asian countries are relatively small but for those user in other countries, they may feel like their system already reached or very close to the limit and the system is not as powerful as before, which is really a bad feeling. I’ve read that a user used to put the volume at 60% in his big room and now he has to put 100%… :(

Please just simply let us have the system back in the status before this update 14.12 and then spend time on improvements.

Well said. It's quite apparent in other posts on here, also Reddit, YouTube comments etc that they've simply got things wrong with 14.12 and the vast majority of people want it returning to the way it was. People have put a lot of trust and money into buying Sonos products because of how it used to sound, Award winning sound in fact.

What I deem totally unacceptable is that I'm yet to publicly see any acknowledgement from Sonos that they are hearing us and looking into things. They simply can not hide behind this for much longer, even a small community post update from them to recognise people's frustrations and informing them they're investigating would go a long way right now.

Concurring with others, I used to love playing my Sonos Arc, Sub3 and Surrounds, pre 14.12, now to look at it and hear it in utter disgust. I feel trapped, cannot return it nor easily resell it. For me, my perception of Sonos has been tarnished very quickly with a 3 minute update. I just hope whoever at Sonos reads this, takes heed of the vast majority of users' frustrations, impacted brand perceptions etc and does the right thing by admitting mistakes and reverting it back to how it used to sound, Award winning sound, which afterall is why I purchased it all in the first place.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@nikid 

Agreed unfortunately it also has broken my 5's and sub  and my moves but the arc system is the one I use the most

Lucky for me if I want to listen to music I have audiophile headphones 

deleted

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Sorry to labour this but does it say 14.12 next to each of your speakers in About My System? Not just for the app?

Sorry for the long delay..the app was 14.12..the speakers were at 14.10. However, I did the update and regret with the volume loss as so many others are having issues with. 

Sorry for the long delay..the app was 14.12..the speakers were at 14.10. However, I did the update and regret with the volume loss as so many others are having issues with. 

Thanks for coming back. To give you full control over updates in future you would have to turn off automatic updates in whichever app store you use.  Without this, the app updates and then insists you make the system version consistent with the app, by doing a system update.  While they remain inconsistent, lots of options in the app will be greyed out.

If only the app has been updated, it is possible to wind it back by downloading an APK from the internet.  I have never done this and it must be unofficial, so i can’t really say any more than that.  There is no way of rolling back the system update.

I hope that is of some help, although now too late for this update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

After listening to the terrific sound based upon software 14.10, I have spent over $2,200 to purchase the ARC + Generation 3 Sub + 2 SL Ones.  And I was very happy.  Then, SONOS upgraded to 14,12 and then 14.14!  Now, the sound from the ARC is tinny and hollow.  It is so bad that I have stopped using the SONOS equipment.  My family has called me a fool for spending so much money for the Yugo of the home audio world.  I do not have the heart to sell my SONOS equipment to another person.  In lieu of creating a YouTube video that shows me setting the system on fire, I have decided that if this problem is not fixed by October 1, 2022, then and in such an event, I shall file a complaint with the Federal Consumer Affairs Department.  I am a duly licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Virginia.  SONOS has held out that the system would have a certain signature sound based upon software version 14.10, then without the prior consent of its customers, SONOS has changed to software that has destroyed the aforesaid signature sound.  Many of SONOS’ customers have relied on 14,10 and are now injured.  SONOS needs to return to the signature sound of 14,10, or SONOS needs to buy back the equipment.  Weeks ago, I have written a letter ot Patrick Pence, which outlined my problem, he has never replied.  Is this “Springtime for Hitler”?  Has SONOS intentionally destroyed the 14.10 signature sound, which would cause its sales to go down, along with the price of its stock?  Then, anyone who has shorted the stock shall make big bucks.  In the last year, SONOS stock has gone down by over 55%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey @MarshallMarshall. Although monitored by Sonos staff, this is a user community. I have no legal training, but if this is intended to serve notice on Sonos, I suspect it is legally inadequate. Good luck though, with your case. 

Annnnnd we have gone full Godwin.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I am so very disappointed.  I was very much looking forward to  you burning your gear on the 15th, as you l have posted you would so many times. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@MarshallMarshall I believe you should give Sonos a chance to fix the bug with the sound profile before getting too upset.  I believe once that is fixed and you can properly use trueplay again, the sound will be as good or better. I realize they’re taking longer than we would like, but that’s the way software goes sometimes. I’m not dismissing your reasons for being upset, but get off the cross, honey. Someone else probably needs the wood.