Sonos tie at 2 Separate Locations - Amp and Projector

• 18 February 2019
  • 4 replies

I am looking for advice on two items. Big Sonos Fan! I just added my apple music and wow .. just turned Sonos into the go to streaming of my latest music collection. Never used it for this before and now looking to expand. I purchased it original to enhance the sound on a tv placed over a fireplace.. best clean esthetic finish with no existing wiring. I currently have the original playbar with a firewire to my tv, a sub that is wireless connected and a white box (cannot remember what this us for) at my mac.

I am first looking to tie in my bonus room system into Sonos being able to steam music to these speakers.. current 7.1 surround.. yamaha amp.. not sure what model.. what equipment do I need.? What are my options both wired and wireless?

Second question, I have a basement in planning.. looking to buy another sonos playbar and sub... maybe a few ceiling mount speakers assuming wireless is the only solution but can run wires if needed. My current setup is a cable box, playstation, xbox, wii, blueray connected to HDMI splitter input and a single HDMI splitter output to the input of the projector. I just have a old construction radio set to auxillary with a 3.5mm input to output from the projector.. it works.. no high quality though... but never short of creativity.

So, wiring can be planned.. I know I have to run the firewire from the sub.. but it cannot be accommodated at the projector. So, looking for a solution to tie all in properly and get that sound that only Sonos can provide.

Also, mixed reviews with people talking about this Alexa and monitoring conversations in you home to find out personal interests.. any comments? Can you still purchase products without it ?

Thanks Kevin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

[...] Also, mixed reviews with people talking about this Alexa and monitoring conversations in you home to find out personal interests.. any comments? Can you still purchase products without it ?
Amazon does not need Alexa to track down your personal interests because your account history (orders/purchases) reveals everything Amazon needs to know about you (in order to put personalised ads).
Thanks for your comment.. everyone has an opinion of the direction technology will play in there lives. I though will not remain naive to believe information and data is not being stored in some shape or form. Question is when in the tabloids will it be made aware to all and what damage will come from it.... so real question.. can I buy sonos without it?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
can I buy sonos without it?

Yes.

* Play:1
* Play:3 (no longer sold by Sonos)
* Playbar
* Playbase
* Play:5 Gen 2
* Connect
* Connect:Amp
* Amp

All devices sold by Sonos without Alexa.
And, all devices sold by Sonos that have a microphone have a physical button (can not be actuated by software) to turn off the microphone.