Sonos Roam Battery Life

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

So the battery has drained from 75% to 54% in just over 1 hour. How can this be right? The whole idea of this portable speaker is to take out of the home situation. Are they going to do anything to rectify this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Does keeping the microphone turned off make any difference?

So the battery has drained from 75% to 54% in just over 1 hour. How can this be right? The whole idea of this portable speaker is to take out of the home situation. Are they going to do anything to rectify this?

The battery loss here sounds a little excessive and it isn’t my experience with either of the two Roams I have here… I would perhaps run the battery to below 10% and recharge to above 80% a couple of times and see if that improves the battery discharge rate. Check your USB charger has a power-output (not input) between 5v/1.5A (7.5w) and 5v/3A (15w). The latter power-output supply should charge the Roam fully in the region of 2-½ hours.

Yes - I had this problem as well because I was using my iPhone 5v/1.5a charger.  Apparently this won’t charge the Roam, so once the charge out of the box is done, it won’t power back up.  After reading more, I ordered the recommended power supply 5v/3a.  

It is beyond me that I paid $200 for a SONOS product (my 6th SONOS product) and the company is so cheap that they don’t include a properly spec’ed power supply so you can charge their product?!  Horrible product development decision.