SONOS REPLACE AND RETURN POLICY- DON'T DO IT!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I HAD A PLAY 5 AND PLAY 1 BOTH GO BAD AT THE SAME TIME.  ON MY CALL (MAYBE THE 6TH) SONOS AREED TO A REPLACE AND RETURN, WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA….

THIS IS IMPORTANT----OF COURSE THEY CHARGED ME FOR SPEAKERS AND SAID THEY WOULD REFUND WHEN I SENT THE OLD ONES BACK (NOT VERY OLD)

NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY REFUNDED MY BANK OVER 3 WEEKS AGO AND MY BANK SAYS NO THEY DID NOT….SO I AM OUT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AND NOT SURE WHERE TO TURN 

HOW DO YOU REACH SOMEONE WHO WILL HELP….I HAVE MY RMA NUMBER AND MY RECEIPT OF WHEN THEY DID RECEIVE EQUIPMENT….

SINCE I HAVE HAD SONOS I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS, BUT LOVE IT WHEN IT WORKS AND OUT OF MY 20 PLUS CALLS, ONLY HAD ONE THAT WAS HANDLED WITH WHAT I WOULD CALL EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, but interesting as last week I was told the funds were released on March 30th, so I still am very skeptical.  I will definitely post positive comments if resolved this week.

thanks

Blake H

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am writing for the fourth time after 7 calls and promises of a refund owed to me by Sonos, there does not appear anything to do but to mad mouth them and try to hurt their reputation.  If I can stop one person from investing in their equipment, it will offset the theft they have apparently done to me. 

I had a replace and return with Sonos on 2 speakers so they charged my credit card.  I have the receipt of when they received the speakers (3/20/20) from UPS.  I called them a few days after and they said they were in the process of reversing my charges.  On March 31, I called again and they said they did reverse charges on March 30th.  My bank never received.

After making numerous calls, I was given two other dates the charges had been reversed and it must be my bank’s fault?  Really, I have dealt with them for 20 years without a single error.

SONOS IS STEALING MONEY FOLKS!   

i HAVE EVEN BEEN PROMISED ON THIS PAGE TO HAVE MY ISSUE LOOKED AT AND AGENTS ON PHONE PROMISE TO GET BACK TO ME/ NEITHER HAS HAPPENED

WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS RESOLVED……

SONOS SUX…...MAINLY BECAUSE THEY KEEP LYING….TELL ME THE TRUTH AND WORK TO GET THIS RESOLVED WITH MY BANK OR YOU ARE NOT WORTH YOU WEIGHT…..

AS A CONSULTANT I WOULD LOVE TO BE CALLED IN FOR A TURNAROUND...I WOULD FIRE THE ENTIRE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM AND START OVER

BLAKE

If I were a sales rep and you yelled at me the same way you are yelling in here, I’d lose your payment too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi again Blake, I know you’re really frustrated and I understand. I’ve checked with the team and they’ve confirmed that one of the units shows fully reversed on our end on the 30th, and the other one was done on the 7th. We had another person check as well and they agree. Everything on our end looks like the hold placed on your card has been released and it’s now up to the bank.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have contacted sales 5 times/ and they always say they refunded on their end

have given me different dates they did that and each one is later than the last

there is something going on as I notice this concern from the past multiple times

Userlevel 1
Badge

So here I am a couple of days later after SONOS answered (very promptly) that my replace and return charge to my credit card was released April 7th.  Not only was this in contradiction to what the “support” team told me that it was credited from their end March 30th.  

Last contact said it should be in bank by middle of the week.  We are here and my banker still says it has not showed up….

I can’t wait much longer

Blake Hendrickson

Userlevel 1
Badge

STILL NO REFUND.....I HAD TWO SPEAKERS GO BAD/ SONOS OFFERED ME A REPLACE AND RETURN, WHICH I OPTED FOR BUT MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED UNTIL THE ITEMS WERE RETURNED.....THEY WERE RETURNED AND SONOS RECIEVED THEM ALSO A MONTH AGO.  I HAVE HAD MULTIPLE CONVERSATIONS WITH THE FIRST BEING AN EMAIL ON MARCH 30TH THAT SAID MY BANK WOULD RECEIVE IN 3 TO 5 DAYS.  LATER ANOTHER REP TOLD ME A DIFFERENT DAY THE CHARGES WERE REVERSED AND STILL ANOTHER (EACH TIME LATER) PROMISED AGAIN.  MY BANK HAS YET TO RECEIVE AND I AM MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE...DO NOT EVER DO A REPLACE AND RETURN AS MY ATTORNEY IS CONTACTING THEM THIS WEEK AND I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO SPEND ALMOST THE SAME AMOUNT AS THIS COMPANY HAS LIED AND LIED TO ME AND i AM SICK OF IT

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

When doing a return and replace, there is a hold that’s put on the card used, if you use a debit card, it’s treated as if it’s a purchase since they can’t take holds. This is removed pretty quickly after the unit is received back, so I’m not certain why it took a while in your case. 

I’ve checked into your case and the team confirmed both have been reversed on our end as of last week on the 7th, and that it should show at your account within 5 business days, which should be by Tuesday or Wednesday this week. If it still hasn’t shown up by then, you’ll need to check in with your bank again as it looks clear on our end.

Contact sales directly. Also, as this is a public forum, I wouldn’t be putting my email in any messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hey Blake, sorry to hear you’re still having trouble. I've checked with the team again and they confirmed there were two reversals made, one on 3/30/20 for one of the units and one on 4/7/20 for the other, both look to have gone through fully on our end.The one on 4/7 should have posted by today, the other last week sometime. I’m having the team check one more time for you to make sure it’s all clear here, but at this point everything that I can see here is that it looks good and it’s up to your bank now.

I’ll let you know if I hear anything more from the team, as they are giving it one more look for you.

I would call the sales line.  

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact