Answered

Sonos Products Losing Value?

• 30 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have 3 Play 5 - Gen 2’s. I am considering buying and or upgrading to Sonos 5’s. The upgrade program is offering $75.00 for each speaker that I own. I payed $500.00 for each of my speakers. Why do these Sonos speakers depreciated so much? I would never sell my $500.00 (still in immaculate condition speakers) for $75.00. 

Regards

Update: I totally misunderstood the upgrade policy. I apologized for my misinformed post.

Regards

icon

Best answer by John B 30 March 2021, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Total misinterpretation. You get the £75 discount on the Five BUT YOU KEEP THE PLAY:5.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for my misinformed post. I wish I could delete it altogether.

Regards

Btw. I am not sure there is much gain from upgrading from a Play:5 gen2 to a Five.  From a gen 1, yes, but not from a gen 2.

Also, the upgrade discount is not a set dollar amount or require you to purchase the current version of the product you used to qualify for the discount.  It’s either 15% or 30% depend on product, and can be applied to most items in the Sonos site store, including speaker sets.  So in reality, the 15% could be worth around $278 for the most expensive set, or around $25 off a Roam.

I wouldn’t bother trading up from a Play:5/Gen2 to a Five. They’ve been designed to have the same -- or at least very similar -- acoustic performance. Apart from the cosmetic differences the main change was to update the processing internals and the wireless card. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks to all for your advice.

Regards