Sonos Move Product Enhancement (Charger)

Request to Sonos: 

Redesign the cable for the charge base cable to be USB-C. That way users can take the charge brick and a USB-C cable to charge the Sonos Move on the go. OR provide a recommendation on a good USB-C charger for Sonos Move. It's super unclear that the Sonos Move requires a USB-C PD with minimum 45w power. If you redesign the included charger or just sell/recommend an extra USB-C charger I think customers will be much happier with the Sonos Move.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @wilhelmhjelm.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this up to our attention.

We appreciate your feedback and I’ll make sure your voice is heard with the team.

Rest assured that all feature requests are being forwarded to our engineering department for consideration. 

My suggestion is to like this topic and keep an eye out for updates since that's the only way we'll be able to get the most updated feature addressed and applied to the Sonos system. 

Charging via USB-C may have varying speeds depending on the wattage of the charger.

As of the moment, to charge Sonos Move (aside from the charging ring), you must use a USB-C PD adapter, which is 45 watts or greater, outputting a minimum of 20V/2.25A or 15V/3A.

While some 36-watt chargers may work, charging speed will be reduced. If using a 36-watt charger, it must output at least 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A.

Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

I'm happy to send them up for you.

Super important feature Sonos forgot to tell Move users regarding charging without the base!!!: The charger must provide 45 watts through the USB-C… otherwise it will not charge.  This fact is found NOWHERE in Sonos’ instructions, and barely findable in troubleshooting.