Sonos drops IOS

• 15 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I purchased Sonos speakers as the best in class wireless system that allowed me and all my family to use the system from our Apple products e.g. iphones, tablets etc. So now I feel that Sonos has burned me when they abandon supporting IOS, the freedom during parties and family gatherings to choose music from anywhere is gone.
2 choices, change to android phone's or loose the Sonos system, 4 phones + 2 ipads in the house averaging $1000.00 each = $6000.00, $4000.00 invested in Sonos, easy decision, switch to Bose or another provider and loose the Sonos system completely.
Will likewise pass the same rational to 2 other family members who have Sonos systems.

Kevin

2 replies

Apple has made a change to iOS that breaks the ability for Sonos to play "from this device". May I suggest that you read the main thread on this, particularly the first post, which offers, and discusses many options, ranging from free to not?
IOS devices are still supported by Sonos. You do not have to swiech to Android. You appear to have completely misunderstood what has has happened. As Bruce suggests, you should read the relevant threads.