SONOS CUSTOMER CARE(LESS) ... DIGGING IT DEEPER ... NO CLIMBING OUT FOR SUITS!

• 22 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Still seething over the SONOS SUIT ARROGANCE, I decided to take pen to hand and write STAMPED letters to the SONORS MOVERS AND SHAKERS - AKA EMPTY SUITS!  I sent a cover letter along with copies of my livid posts on the SONOS handling of  their LEGACY products.  I wrote a total 18 - yes eighteen as in a dozen and a half - letters to the ENTIRE CHAIN OF COMMAND - every inane fancy title you could imagine.

THE RESULT - ZERO ZED NADA 0000000000

Not ONE suit responded - but here is the best part - I was contacted to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to talk to one of the customer service reps as in the suits said “Give this whiny slob a call - get him off our back”. So the call is this Monday - but wait there is more - the rep wrote in their outreach about my “equipment” problems - SORRY BUDDY … THE EQUIPMENT WORKS FINE … GET IT STRAIGHT OR YOU CAN’T BE A SONOS SYCOPHANT.

Stay tuned … but I have already joined the LEGIONS who said “to the barricades” and “done with sonos”.  It matters not to me at all - as a matter of fact - AND FOR THE PUBLICITY IT WILL GENERATE - I am considering taking my 5 LEGACY PLAY 5s for demolition via wrecking ball - just for the fun of it - maybe even making a You Tube buck so I can buy newer tech cheaper and better NON SONOS equipment. 

STAY TUNED - TELL YOUR FRIENDS - SONOS FREE IS THE WAY TO BE!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Wow, someone seems to have forgotten to take their meds today. My Sonos system works as well today as it ever has, not sure what this person’s problem is, except they have something against suits. So do I (never worn one at work) but I’m not writing letters about it.

As this poster seems to have only one post other than this one, its hard to know what else to say.

Badge

thanks for the tentative thumbs up …

I never used to be on meds until SONOS CEO decided to relegate older (“legacy”) products

to the planned obsolescence scrapheap … a rather arbitrary and capricious move that has made 

SONOS legacy cheerleaders like myself to resort to meds and worse.

On a positive note, in my lucid moments, I am finding new tech sound items (SONOS is legacy themselves) that are MORE HIGHLY RATED AND CHEAPER WHICH (to use SONOS speak) I will migrate to in the near future.

Have to go … time for my meds! 

Please don't tease us.  Tell us what those better,  cheaper options are. 

Please don't tease us.  Tell us what those better,  cheaper options are. 

How about being able to buy a used Play 5 and have it work like other amp'd speakers?  Think about what that does to "sense of ownership" knowing it could be worthless.  If someone were to purchase or inherit a used legacy unit; will they have access to legacy firmware & software in order for it to work?

Take these questions and multiply them by all the others out there that still enjoy ...or used to enjoy SONOS.

Badge

update on my 18 letters to the highest sonos suit command from ceo down … not one response

to my complaints cited above - ZERO - they care less - notice how the SPIN folks have at least done something right at sonos and sanitized and hidden any negativity that heretofore overwhelmed their suited clueless masses

john b - well said - you get it - thank you 

I wouldn't answer someone so crazy obsessed that they send 18 letters.  Matter of fact, I'd be alerting law enforcement.

Badge

hey cut me some slack … first I am on meds since the sonos fray … second crazy obsessed … maybe gotten a little worse since sonos but not there yet … third … 18 letters - yes … right off the word processor …use a modicum of common sense please 

go ahead and call the cops - i got a pba card and … my legacy equipment

lastly … you need to lighten up and figure out a little tongue in cheek when you see it 

lastly 2 … fret less … i have given up sonos for lent

hey cut me some slack … first I am on meds since the sonos fray … second crazy obsessed … maybe gotten a little worse since sonos but not there yet … third … 18 letters - yes … right off the word processor …use a modicum of common sense please 

go ahead and call the cops - i got a pba card and … my legacy equipment

lastly … you need to lighten up and figure out a little tongue in cheek when you see it 

lastly 2 … fret less … i have given up sonos for lent

Nah, my first instinct still stands.  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: