Sonos Arc Sony Bravia TV Sound Problems

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have now owned my Arc for three weeks and for the first two days it worked great. Then gradually it started to experience sound cut-outs and although I have followed all of the recommendations on this site and Reddit, the issue persists. The culprit seems to be the built in Netflix App which we like to use because it has better scene search/skip options. My TV is a Bravia KD65XH9005 with the latest update from Sony (last week) and the Arc is also on the latest version. The Arc is connected to HDMI 3 and an Apple TV 4K to HDMI 4 (both are set to enhanced mode). There is also a Nintendo Switch on HDMI 1 (Standard) and an old Humax on HDMI 2 (Standard). Switching the TV audio from the Arc to TV speakers and then back again fixes it but it is now getting very irritating. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you turn off eARC in the TV settings, does it make a difference when using the Netflix app on your TV?

Will give it a try later today and let you know. Thanks