Sonos app resizes itself instead of remembering my settings

• 12 October 2018
  • 10 replies

Every time I launch Sonos on Windows 10 with an ultrawide monitor, it defaults to a massive size taking up 85% of the screen. I resize it to a much more reasonable size taking up about 15% of the screen, but next time it opens, it defaults back to the massive size. Previous versions remembered the size I set. This should too. This is very frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

kip9,

I believe this is a reported known issue and hopefully Sonos will go onto fix the matter in one of their future updates.
Ryan has indeed indicated that they're looking at it, in another thread about the same topic.
Any update? Super annoying regression from past correct behavior...
Looking forward to a fix
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi guys, the team is looking into this one. Thanks for the report!
Yesterday Sonos released a new software version 10.0 but it didn't solve the problem. The app still doesn't remember the window location nor its size. It's been 3 months now.
Hi guys, the team is looking into this one. Thanks for the report!
Yesterday Sonos released a new software version 10.0 but it didn't solve the problem. The app still doesn't remember the window location nor its size. It's been 3 months now.
Meanwhile, until a fix is found, you could perhaps set the Windows shortcut properties that launches the Controller App to maximise the window to 'full screen' on startup, if that suits your purpose. Otherwise you may have to wait a little longer.
any update re why we can not resize the screen. It takes up my full laptop screen even when not in full screen mode so I can not effectively use the app vs the other tasks I need to do. Should be separate windows within the app so we can expand move the components around but for now I would be happy if I could resize the app and use scroll bars or if it resized completely to fit in the available space.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You sure you have the 10.1 update? The window size persistence bug was fixed in that version. If you can't get the Sonos app to behave on Windows, try mine 🙂
good to know... I had "auto update" turned on so I thought I was at the latest. I was on 9.0. Updated to 10.1
On 10.1 now and I can not resize the window/app.
Version: 10.1.2 (build 49264250)
submitted diagnostics, reference number 915225247

thanks for letting me know there was an update though. Hopefully it is something simple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
You sure you have the 10.1 update? The window size persistence bug was fixed in that version.
I do have the 10.1 update but this bug wasn't fixed. The problem still persists: when opening the app it never displays the size and place it had when before it was closed.