Sonos and locked screen

• 18 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
No happy that now I have to unlock my phone when my alarm goes off just to snooze or stop it, it’s absolute ridiculous, worst update so far ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Paula1802. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are missing your Lock screen controls for Sonos, you may want to turn off AirPlay on any other devices. We've seen a few instances where if AirPlay is detected on the local network, the iPhone's lock screen is reserved for AirPlay and not Sonos. Do you have any ideas that have AirPlay capabilities?

Thanks!
Hi Sonos!

I have the same problem. My Sonos 5 from 2010 will never get AirPlay 2. When I updated it, I lost the most used feature - lock screen control and Apple Watch control. It was the best way to control my speakers just quickly turning the wheel on the Watch to adjust the volume, or easily skipping tracks with a touch. I see your suggestion to disable other Airplay devices, but I cannot disable my AirPlay devices as I use them as well.

I really need you to reintroduce this feature as this was a proper downgrade for the whole Sonos experience. If not I need to downgrade the firmware somehow on my old Sonos to be able to use the controls again. I just can't understand how Sonos could make a decision that has such bad consequences for us using it.

I loved Sonos for ever improving, but "destroying" my speaker system is not very welcome. You must do the right thing and reintroduce it.

Br
Øystein
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I think "destroying" is an exaggeration. This is Apples implementation of Airplay 2 that has affected the behaviour of the lock screen. So some blame must rest with apple too. They are working together, according to other threads, to resolve this.

The workaround does not suit everyone and there is no ability to roll back to previous versions so I think the frustrations will last until a fix is found.