Question

Slow moderation

Why is moderation so slooooooow? I tried to post something (I think) a couple of days ago and it's still not there.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

I don't think there is any moderation of initial posts. Not by the evidence of some of the stuff that gets on here.
I don't think there is any moderation of initial posts. Not by the evidence of some of the stuff that gets on here.
I saved an edit, and it told me that my post was going to moderation - GOK why.... Something that on most systems would only take an hour or two to sort out.
It is often a black hole that lets nothing come out. As to what John wrote, it is the InSided AI that choses posts for moderation; that explains it all.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Why is moderation so slooooooow? I tried to post something (I think) a couple of days ago and it's still not there.

Ive exchanged PMs with Sonos staff on this issue and my interpretation is that certain posters get flagged, then you need to be manually approved but it's low priority or mass delete.
Certain posters may be getting flagged, but I am willing to bet that I am not one of those. There must be more than one rule in play that is causing these events.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Certain posters may be getting flagged, but I am willing to bet that I am not one of those. There must be more than one rule in play that is causing these events.

Its the platform that is flagging the users and Sonos staff have claimed they are unable to do anything about it.
It isn't users, it is posts in my case. Rarely and completely at random.

Why is moderation so slooooooow? I tried to post something (I think) a couple of days ago and it's still not there.Ive exchanged PMs with Sonos staff on this issue and my interpretation is that certain posters get flagged, then you need to be manually approved but it's low priority or mass delete.

Yet I've posted other comments since without problem...
It isn't users, it is posts in my case. Rarely and completely at random.
Yes, it must be posts, as I've since posted OK... I can't think of anything that was particularly contentious, either...
I'm not aware of any "moderation" function at play. (but, that does not mean that there cannot be one) I think that InSided becomes tangled sometimes and posts simply disappear for a while. I am more likely to experience this on weekends, especially on Sunday (in the US). I think that a post might be held hostage during backup operations. If there is a moderation function, I have a post that has been held for several weeks.
One of mine just got red flagged - marked as such on top - for no good reason. I give it a fifty percent chance of ever seeing the light of day. It is most annoying, but Sonos has given up on correcting this state of affairs as beyond their capability.
Nevermind
I'm not aware of any "moderation" function at play. (but, that does not mean that there cannot be one) I think that InSided becomes tangled sometimes and posts simply disappear for a while. I am more likely to experience this on weekends, especially on Sunday (in the US). I think that a post might be held hostage during backup operations. If there is a moderation function, I have a post that has been held for several weeks.
When I clicked the 'save' button, I got a message saying that it was being referred for moderation - or something similar, I'm afraid that I can't remember the exact wording - and can't recreate it.
Happened to me on several occasions. Simply re-write the post, albeit slightly edited.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Copy before submit, if it fails paste and add a couple words then repost.
Copy before submit, if it fails paste and add a couple words then repost.
Yes, I'll have to start doing this - very poor, though - no other forum that I use has this type of problem...
inSided isn't the best solution I've ever worked with, in terms of forum software, to be sure.