Setup Macros and Stored Configurations

• 16 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have two Play 5s and a sub that I use for TV sound (right speaker and sub) and music (paired 5s and sub). Each time I change from music stereo to TV, I have to repeat the setup steps. I cannot use the stereo setup for the TV, as the TV is not in the central position. Would it not be a good idea if the app remembered the setups so that changing from one to another was a simple app button press. As the number of configurations possible is enormous, the user could record the setup steps they perform in a similar way to the old keypress macros. This would greatly simplify changes of setups and would use a lot of the code already in place in the app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thank you Edward R, I look forward to any simplifying that can be done. PWT, the app looks really interesting, I will give it a go, thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have two Play 5s and a sub that I use for TV sound (right speaker and sub) and music (paired 5s and sub). Each time I change from music stereo to TV, I have to repeat the setup steps. I cannot use the stereo setup for the TV, as the TV is not in the central position. Would it not be a good idea if the app remembered the setups so that changing from one to another was a simple app button press. As the number of configurations possible is enormous, the user could record the setup steps they perform in a similar way to the old keypress macros. This would greatly simplify changes of setups and would use a lot of the code already in place in the app.
If you use iOS, you could take a look at SonoSequencr: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sonosequencr/id967043604?mt=8
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Patrick. Thank you for your idea and the subsequent suggestions as to how this could work. I can certainly see the merit of this. I will be sure to forward this request to the relevant team. In the meantime, do let us know if you need anything else.