Setup Macros and Stored Configurations

• 16 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have two Play 5s and a sub that I use for TV sound (right speaker and sub) and music (paired 5s and sub). Each time I change from music stereo to TV, I have to repeat the setup steps. I cannot use the stereo setup for the TV, as the TV is not in the central position. Would it not be a good idea if the app remembered the setups so that changing from one to another was a simple app button press. As the number of configurations possible is enormous, the user could record the setup steps they perform in a similar way to the old keypress macros. This would greatly simplify changes of setups and would use a lot of the code already in place in the app.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, Patrick. Thank you for your idea and the subsequent suggestions as to how this could work. I can certainly see the merit of this. I will be sure to forward this request to the relevant team. In the meantime, do let us know if you need anything else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have two Play 5s and a sub that I use for TV sound (right speaker and sub) and music (paired 5s and sub). Each time I change from music stereo to TV, I have to repeat the setup steps. I cannot use the stereo setup for the TV, as the TV is not in the central position. Would it not be a good idea if the app remembered the setups so that changing from one to another was a simple app button press. As the number of configurations possible is enormous, the user could record the setup steps they perform in a similar way to the old keypress macros. This would greatly simplify changes of setups and would use a lot of the code already in place in the app.
If you use iOS, you could take a look at SonoSequencr: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sonosequencr/id967043604?mt=8
Thank you Edward R, I look forward to any simplifying that can be done. PWT, the app looks really interesting, I will give it a go, thank you

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings