Answered

Scam/spam users sending me PMs

• 22 February 2019
  • 10 replies

Badge
Sonos - please can you add a facility to block/report users? I have a message from a scam user and I can't delete it!
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Edward R 22 February 2019, 14:58

I agree, Haden! It's definitely something to bring up with our platform providers. Let us know if you need anything else and apologies for this inconvenience.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, HadenUK. Thanks for raising this. I'll bring it up with the team and see if there's a way around it. Can you tell me the names of these users so I can ban them? Thank you.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I agree. This feature is needed. I just received a spam message myself via PM. I don’t see any way to block it.
Likewise for me as well. Username: https://en.community.sonos.com/members/ogechiamaka-8030348
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I've banned that user. If it happens again, please update this thread with the perpetrators.
I agree. This feature is needed. I just received a spam message myself via PM. I don’t see any way to block it.
See attachment.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
** Deleted **
Badge
Hi, HadenUK. Thanks for raising this. I'll bring it up with the team and see if there's a way around it. Can you tell me the names of these users so I can ban them? Thank you.

Been dealt with - ogechiamaka has been banned. You definitely need a 'report'/'block' option though.

Haden
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I agree, Haden! It's definitely something to bring up with our platform providers. Let us know if you need anything else and apologies for this inconvenience.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
See attachment.

Thanks. I set it to only people I follow. But that is not a great solution; since I don’t follow anyone, in effect I have cut off everyone from sending me PMs. Most people we interact with here are only in a particular thread. So preventing everyone who we don’t follow from messaging us is an extreme measure. I hope the forum admins can address this issue and come up with a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I know it's an inconvenience, I do apologise on behalf of Sonos. We do hope to have it addressed in the not-too-distant future. Thank you for your understanding.