S1 app issues

• 29 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Inadvertently, downloaded S2 app and my Sonos speakers are S1 compatible. When deleted S2 app, and reinstalled S1 app, it only shows S2. Can I delete app and reinstall S1 app as currently all speakers not working as says not compatible on S2 app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did you upgrade your speakers to S2 per chance after you installed the S2 app?

If not then simply run the S1 app and “connect to existing system”.

I don’t understand what “it only shows S2” means.

If you did upgrade your speakers to S2 then you must now use the S2 app to control them.

Thanks! I believe my son upgraded one of the speakers to S2. But I have six other speakers which are all only S1 compatible. My computer is showing S1 app but when I click on it, the app automatically goes to S2. I want to delete this app and re-install. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Still not quite understanding “when I click on it, the app automatically goes to S2“ - please supply a screenshot  of what is happening here.

Looks like you are on the PC, the S1 app for PC has a dark grey icon. (The S2 icon is a beige color, avoid that).