Question

RSS feed of all posts

• 10 August 2015
  • 15 replies

Badge +3
I subscribed to the old community via rss everything just appeared , (Shrook) I subscribed to and read the posts that interested me. However now it seems that I have to have an issue or a question and then try to find the answer. Is there a way I can get all the posts like before hopefully via rss?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Add to favorites at top of post should send you emails when new info is posted on a thread.
I agree with MrChefDave, its a pity Sonos have dropped support for rss feeds. I used to browse and keep an eye on the Sonos community posts through the rss reader site, 'Inoreader'. Now I suspect I'll lose contact with this user community, because having to actually access the Sonos 'site and browse manually through the posts isn't as convenient or easy at all.
Badge
I agree, and would love to see an RSS Feed for the new Community, that is how I keep in touch with this group.
Badge
+1 to bring back the RSS feed
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the suggestion, we've reached out regarding an RSS feed and I'll let you know if we have any news. I don't know if this is a feature that is possible currently.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
+1 Please bring back the RSS feed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We've worked with our partners and they have something put together for this. Can you all check out this feed, it should be an RSS feed for new posts and we'd like to get your impression on the functionality/quality: https://en.community.sonos.com/feed/topics

Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
First, thank you for listening and acting on this recommendation!

Second, the feed appears to work but for some reason the RSS reader only shows the title when you click on the article. A second click is required to read the actual post. That is different from how the Sonos Blog RSS works now and how the old Sonos Forums RSS used to work.

Used to just click the article or post you want to read and it shows up. Now I have to do two clicks to get to the post. I hope I'm making myself clear.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Let me try to be more clear. We used to be able to click the title to see the most recent post. Now we click the title and get a blank page with the title. You then have to request the reader to pull up the entire thread to actually read the latest post.

What seems to be missing therefore is the content of the last post. If you are interested in the thread you load it up. If not, you move on to the next post. This is how it should work.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details Quintus, I'll circle back with the team about potential changes to it. I've been playing with it myself and it's a good start but there is some room to grow. I'll let you know if we hear any news on more work relating to it.
Hi Ryan,
First thank you for adding RSS support, I use this feature everyday.

I'm bumping the thread to second Quintus's suggestion that the RSS feed be enhanced to include some information with the titles. Usually this would be the first post text, or at least a couple of lines of text. I've posted two screen grabs from my reader to show what I mean. Thanks /TBS
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Ryan,
First thank you for adding RSS support, I use this feature everyday.

I'm bumping the thread to second Quintus's suggestion that the RSS feed be enhanced to include some information with the titles. Usually this would be the first post text, or at least a couple of lines of text. I've posted two screen grabs from my reader to show what I mean. Thanks /TBS

It would be nice to get some more information on the RSS feed, I'll pass the word on. Thanks for the suggestion The_Bastard_Son.
Two questions..

1) Can we get an RSS feed back for just the announcements (like you used to have)
2) Can we get RSS feeds without SSL please? (I use an old newsreader that doesn't support them - besides, we're talking posts - do we really need them encrypted?).

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Good questions Shawn. I'll pass them on to the team and see if maybe they have the ability to work it into a future release or if it's possible at some time.
Ryan - did you ever find out about just getting the feed for announcements? Perhaps changing the URL (I'm not RSS expert, so I wouldn't know what to play with - but I see subcategories on the right side of the RSS page - but it doesn't give me a new URL - though I see I can filter). Thanks again.