Request for Sonos Roam stereo pair via Bluetooth

• 3 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey all! I’m making this post simply to throw my hat into the ring for wanting stereo pairing over Bluetooth using the Sonos Roam. I was pretty disheartened to receive mine and find out that it only works via WiFi. For an otherwise feature-rich and premium product, it seems like a glaring omission. Heck, I’d be satisfied with having the option of pairing two or more together as a group instead of in a stereo pair.

Given that I’ve since discovered that the Move has yet to support this also, I’m assuming there must be some significant technical hurdles preventing it, so I’m certainly not going to get my hopes up… that said, I gotta at least ask in the hopes that this can some day be a reality. My Roam is so lonely by itself, but if I can’t make a stereo pair/group over Bluetooth, it’ll just have to get used to it lol.

Thanks a bunch!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hey all! I’m making this post simply to throw my hat into the ring for wanting stereo pairing over Bluetooth using the Sonos Roam. I was pretty disheartened to receive mine and find out that it only works via WiFi. For an otherwise feature-rich and premium product, it seems like a glaring omission. Heck, I’d be satisfied with having the option of pairing two or more together as a group instead of in a stereo pair.

There technically is no such thing as a ‘group’ outside of your Sonos network, but android devices do allow you to pair your phone to two different bluetooth speakers.  The speakers would each play in mono, not in stereo.  I’ve tested this out with a Samsung galaxy phone and 2 roams, and it worked well.

I must say though that if you setup Roams as a stereo pair in a Sonos system, any time you switch one or both of them over to bluetooth, you will break that stereo pair and have to reconfigure it when you want to go back to a stereo pair.

Userlevel 4

There technically is no such thing as a ‘group’ outside of your Sonos network, but android devices do allow you to pair your phone to two different bluetooth speakers.  The speakers would each play in mono, not in stereo.  I’ve tested this out with a Samsung galaxy phone and 2 roams, and it worked well.

I must say though that if you setup Roams as a stereo pair in a Sonos system, any time you switch one or both of them over to bluetooth, you will break that stereo pair and have to reconfigure it when you want to go back to a stereo pair.

That’s good to know, thanks! I did read about switching to bluetooth breaking the stereo pair, but that’s not a big deal to me… I’d likely be messing up the left/right channels every time I brought them home, anyway lol

That’s good to know, thanks! I did read about switching to bluetooth breaking the stereo pair, but that’s not a big deal to me… I’d likely be messing up the left/right channels every time I brought them home, anyway lol

They actually made the setup process easy for left/right channels.  During setup of a stereo pair, one of your speakers will play a tone and you have to select whether the tone is left or right speaker.

Userlevel 2

I am having great time in Greece !

Hollidays with my old ue boom  first gen 2012

i use stereo via Bluetooth and sound is much better than mono roam 

this is the stupidest restriction I ever experienced …. I was thinking Apple where the dumbest now I guess sonos beat them …. By far !!!

Flaw upon flaw 

Flaw upon flaw 

Thank you for that stellar contribution!

Userlevel 2

I would also like stereo pairing via Bluetooth. Hope it arrives with an update soon.