Recently Active Topics not working on Chrome/Android

• 21 October 2016
  • 15 replies

Hasn't worked for a week now, get "This page is not available /go to home page".

Bog standard Chrome on bog standard Galaxy S5. Yet another InSided issue, sigh.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Check your bookmark? Mine is: https://en.community.sonos.com/search/activity/recent

Its how I get here with a minimal of clicks.
Looks like it happens only when logged out, which is another major issue with InSided. Every other forum on the Web will keep you logged in, no problem. Not InSided, sigh. What a piece of crap.
Happening to me now on my iPad. The recents link I posted above has worked for years. Now I get the note that the page is no longer available, 'go to home page.' Click that nothing happens. Obviously another quality update has been made to the software. The link still works on my desktop though.

This software won't keep me signed in on ANY device either, even though I tell it to do so.

And lookie there... a full page of spam yet again.
Looks like it happens only when logged out, which is another major issue with InSided. Every other forum on the Web will keep you logged in, no problem. Not InSided, sigh. What a piece of crap.

No issues here, I only get logged out if I log in on another device (which is to be expected), everything works perfectly other than that. Chrome on Android and PC.
Hasn't worked for a week now, get "This page is not available /go to home page"
Happens to me also. Only just realised that it is log in error. Thanks.

I am not sure why I would need to be logged on just to see the list of recently active threads.
And why is their "Logon on required" message worded as "This page is not available /go to home page"?

I read somewhere that 90%+ of their customers are new to customer forums. It is easier to understand how those companies saw their modern window dressing, and chose this platform. It is less easy to see how a community-experienced company, such as Sonos, made this choice. It just goes to show how much easier it is to see what *is* there, than it is to detect what isn't.
It is less easy to see how a community-experienced company, such as Sonos, made this choice. .
Probably because marketing management had little exposure to the old forum that was managed by non employee moderators, is equally new to these, and broke what did not need fixing.
Ryan... click this link on one of your mobile devices... https://en.community.sonos.com/search/activity/recent ... It works in a browser on a PC, but not on any mobile devices. As such, it is the same as clicking Community, Activities, Recent Active Topics... that also fails on mobile devices.
Ryan... click this link on one of your mobile devices... https://en.community.sonos.com/search/activity/recent ... It works in a browser on a PC, but not on any mobile devices. As such, it is the same as clicking Community, Activities, Recent Active Topics... that also fails on mobile devices.

Both work perfectly for me, I only post from my mobile and only use the recent topics link. No problems at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Both work perfectly for me, I only post from my mobile and only use the recent topics link. No problems at all.

As with LHC it's also working fine for me, on my Android and Mac. I'll double check it with an iPad as it may be an issue there.

Thanks for the details guys.
Working for me now, while logged out. InSided actually fixed something! Lol.
Hey its back for me too!!!!
"No issues here, I only get logged out if I log in on another device (which is to be expected), " - The LHC

OK, I'll ask. Why is this expected? I'm a member of many boards that I access across 4 computers and 3 iOS devices, using the same account name, and never have been logged out when using a different machine. Is this one of those "InSided" features that I'm not familiar with? I've checked my account information to make sure if there's some setting that I'm missing, but haven't found anything, although it wouldn't surprise me if I was.

At this point, I only use one computer to read/respond to this board, because it's too much of a pain to constantly have to sign in, especially on iOS devices. Which limits how often I partake of this community.
Agree, I never need to expressly log in to any of the other forums I frequent, no matter how many devices are involved, once I click the "keep me logged in" checkbox. InSided is the sole, annoying exception.
Well, I only belong to one other forum (which doesn't use insided) and that behaves in exactly the same way, if I log in on my PC, I get logged out on the mobile and vice versa, so that's two for two from my perspective. I can imagine being able to login across multiple devices using the same account would be very useful for spamming...
LHC... are you using IOS? Its fixed now so its irrelevant, but just curious.